Monster Cable M2.4 bi-wire Speaker Cables

4.84/5 (19 Reviews)

Submitted by jsd52756 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been building my system for the last 2 years. Quality takes time, or so I've heard. I purchased theses cables after seeing them by chance being sold on EBAY. I was already using Monster Z1 speaker cable and was very pleased. But for the price I couldn't pass these up. The packaging & presentation when I received them was impressive to say the least. Nice plastic hard case with different ends & the allen wrench tool as well. After hooking them up I was equally impressed with the sound. These cables will allow your system to send the lowest lows & the highest highs to your speakers with no trouble or distortion at all. My infinity Rennesiance 90's will go wayyy low and wayyy high and this cable allows them to do just that. The difference in sound from the Z1 is more than subtle. If you have a high end system you will notice the increased clarity & bandwidth. I have seen lots of terms on this site used to describe different equipment, but the one I like best is the "smile on your face" when listening. I am very happy with these cables and they will be connected to my system probably forever. I give them a five star rating both for the sound quality & the price I paid. I probably would have been bent if I had paid the full retail & then seen then "on sale" for less than $200. Still they would sound great at any price. Beats the daylights out of spending a couple of grand on another product that may not sound as good.
System:
Technics SL1210 with Grado wood Platinum
Yamaha TX950 tuner
Sony Cassette
Monster Interlink Ref II interconnects *
(* - Dumped my Cardas Gold Ref. cable ($900!) and went back to the I.R.II cables)

Purchased At:   Monsterdirect/EBAY

Submitted by zeblion1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been auditioning speaker cable for about 2 months now. Prior to this cable, I've used monster z1, Nordost Blue Heaven, MIT terminator etc. This cable improved my system. 2.4 is very laid back, you won't get fatique after listening to them for couple hours. I played my Steely Dan cd and sacd and WOW... I heared a lot of stuff that I never listened before.
PLUS the cable looks so SEXY and so cool. My friend even calls it ANACONDA. If you want to spend less than $1000 for speaker cable, NOTHING is better than this cable.

Purchased At:   Monster Direct

Submitted by wakenride a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
hey for the price what can you say

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by SIMON SADEY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I HAVE THE 2.4S ONLY A FEW DAYS.I FIND THEM AMAZING.DETAILS ARE HERE,DYNAMICS,IMAGE TOO.I DISCOVER NOW HOW REALLY GREAT ARE MY INFINITY KAPPA 8.1 ARE.THE 2.4S ARE REPLACING ORTOFON SPK-200(ALSO BI-WIRE).I REGARDED THE ORTOFONS AS GOOOD CABLES(RECOMMENDED BY HI-FI CHOICE MAGAZINE)BUT NOW.....
MY SYSTEM HAS COMPONENTS SUCH AS ADCOM 5500,BRYSTON BT-20,ROTEL RCD-991.
THE 2.4S ADDED SOME EXPLOSIF TO MY SYSTEM.
NO DOUBT:FANTASTIC.

Submitted by ckk301 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this monster cable M2.4 biwired about 4 months ago to pair between my CJ MV-55 and ProAc Response 1.5 replacing the Kimber 4TC. I could notice the difference in tighter bass, better sound stage, more focus and clarity. This cable is definitely great and should not be overlooked.

Sometime, I paired this cable between my Krell 300iL and NHT 2.5i which I have in another audio system using DH Labs T-14 biwired. It is quite friendly matched well with these two's. I heard the same improvement of this system when compared to DH Labs.

As the other posts said, the one about this cable I do not like is the rubber bands which are quite easily lose when I did switch the cables. Finally, I decided to take all of them off. I did not hear anything difference between with and without rubber bands. IMO, I would think that the rubber band was put for cosmetic ... nothing related to the sound.

I am not a monster cable fan. But if you have a budget to buy the other cables at the same price range, do not overlook this cable. Try or audition this one, you should not be disappointed.

Wood Technology: