Monster Cable HTS 1000 Speaker Cables

4.71/5 (31 Reviews)

Power Strip/ Surge Protector/ Line Conditioner

Submitted by final a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
Hi,
I have only had this unit for 2 days but noticed an improvement immediately in the sound quality of my hifi gear. I have Nad Pre and power, a Cyrus CD6S cdp and Magnepan 1.6qr speakers. I would have to agree with the previous reviewer as to the qualities of the sound which have been improved.
I was a bit dubious at first that this board would make much difference but I stand as a convertee now. My system really sings now and I would have to say that it has really provided an unpolluted sound which just leaves the music for my gear to reproduce.
I can't say that I have noticed any picture quality improvement on my 42 inch LCD television in any format, but I have always had a very good reception.

Purchased At:   Harvey Norman

Submitted by Alan Brownstone a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
Price paid is in UK pounds
I have a top notch Hi Fi system but even with a dedicated Main Spur and a £650 Power Block/Conditioner I felt the mains was intrusive to a good sound. After reading reviews on this site I thought I'd have a go and if i didn't like it use it for my TV.
What a difference!! Clearer, better depth/soundstage, more accurate postioning of instruments/singers, tighter yet more expressive bass and realistic treble. What more can one want. Excellent product with the added bonus of surge protection with insurance. Very higgly recommended.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by darmom a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I got the MKII model. This thing blew me away. I was noticing some noise in my speakers on vocal tracks when listening to CD's. I tried swapping out the CD player and even took the speakers in to be checked (it sounded like my midrange driver might be fried - kind of a static sound during vocals that should have been clean). Hooked this thing up and blamo - clean sound. Even my fiancee noticed, and she's much less picky than I am. Worth every penny, even though I could have gotten it for a lot less online.

Purchased At:   Best Buy/Magnolia

Submitted by Michael Leary a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
Its very rare for me to write a review, but this product impressed me. I spent thousands of dollars and as many hours listenting, comparing, ebay shopping, building my stereo to try to get the best I could out of a <$5K budget for 2-channel audio-only system. I had previously held firm in my belief that good quality components had good quality power supplies already, and that outrageously priced power conditioners were just a way to empty the wallets of gullible audiophiles.

Enter Monster Cable into the power conditioning business - monster's line of near-audiophile gear has in the past been a steppign stone into more expensive stuff, demonstrating the benefits of better quality components while offering parts at the affordable end of the spectrum with wide availability.

I picked up a HTS1000 at a local electronics superstore, figuring I would return it when it didn't make any improvement. But I was astonished at the dramatic improvement in my system. Soundstage and aural imaging improved dramatically, bass tighter and more articulate, highs more extended and clearer with dramatically reduced harshness or crunchiness (unlike other reviews here complaining of rolled-off highs, on my system the highs were much improved), a wonderful open and natural sound.

One thing I've learned from a couple years of audiophilia is that every system is a little different and each one's weak point may be different. If you improve a part that is already better than the rest of your system it won't help. But for me this component really woke up my system at a much lower price than any other upgrade I might try to make. Yes, it sounds like a lot of dough for a power strip, but in my case it was well worth it.

In the end I probably will return the HTS100 to the store, only so I can buy an HTS2000 or 2500 online for the same price.

Purchased At:   local electronics st

Submitted by Bonger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
After hearing my friend's Monster HTS 800 make a real improvement in my system, I realized the benefits of "cleaner AC".

So I decided to try 2 things:
1. build my own high current AC outlet with "hospital grade" plugs (that's what all the audiophiles use)
2. buy the Monster HTS 1000 over ebay for a great price.
After a few hours comparing my outlet vs. monster, I am gonna sell the monster. Both my outlet and monster improved my sound with my outlet only slightly outperforming the monster with more "bite" when I hear vocals.
Also, during my comparison, my clothes dryer was runnning. Perhaps my high current outlet just gave my system more juice vs. monster filtering out dirty AC. Don't get me wrong, the monster is good, and I haven't really tested the video filtering. But like the previous reviewer, said, just return it if it doesn't really improve your system.
In fact, I'm selling my HTS 1000 to buy the HTS 800 with only stage 1 filtering. For me seems like the HTS 800 made more of an improvement.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Monster HTS 1000 MKII PowerCenter

I am helping a friend build an HT system with a 44" Toshiba DLP set, an older Denon receiver and a full array of Paradigm monitor speakers. The salesman that sold this system to her managed to convince her to purchase the Monster HTS 1000 MKII PowerCenter for $249 (Canadian) to ensure the best pict ... Read More »

HTS 1000 MKII PowerCenter

I'm thinking of ordering a HTS 1000 MKII PowerCenter online for about $150 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. I recently invest about $3100 in a system (Cdn $) and wanted to protect it. I notice my amp starts to hum a little if someone plugs in a hairdryer into the plug in ... Read More »

Award-Winning Axiom: