MIT Cables Terminator 4 Bi-wire Speaker Cables

4.72/5 (18 Reviews)

MIT iconn ended compatible with MIT iconn banana plugs or spades

Submitted by Cableconnoisseur a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
I've been using various cables, bi-wire, bi-amping etc and found subtle differences between previous products.

I purchased a pair of the Terminator 4 biwire from an EBay seller a couple of months ago, around the time I upgraded to an all EAD processor/multi-channel amplification system.

I wasn't prepared for the revelation !!!!!!!

I never heard my system sound better.

Clearer highs, deeper lows, liquid mids.......... and heard 'sounds' on some of my CD's that I'm certain I'd never heard revealed before this.

I've been told that the Terminator 2's are a better cable, so I'm presently looking for a set on EBay and Audiogon.

Since the purchase of the speaker cable, I've gradually upgraded all my interconnects to MIT (2's and 5's) and with each inclusion, the system sounds less fatiguing.

Purchased At:   EBay

Submitted by Purechix a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
I will say that this speaker cable changed the sound of my whole system. Now the sound is more accurate, clearer mids and highs with a HUGE soundstage.

I loves this cable.

Monster just cant be at this level. (I used Monster for more than 5 years, now I realize how much I missed the music)

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by Sam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
This review is for the MIT T-2 bi-wire speaker cables. I have had them for almost 5 years and they still are worth the $500 I paid for them is '97. Any audio system I have in the future will definatly use MIT cables as well. These make even high-end Monster Cable sound like $1/foot cables.

Submitted by wojest a

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Due to Audio Advisor's satisfaction policy and low price, (much lower $ than from competitors, ~$335 delivered vs $474->600), and long-term satisfaction with MIT330 inteconnects used since 1989, I decided to upgrade speaker cables simultaneous to CD player upgrade, (I was NOT interested in experimenting with numerous makes of cables - if I liked the results, fine).
25 ft. runs under/through-the-floor, (much longer lengths would be required to run along walls and around corners, plus these are some oogly industrial-looking cables!). Divider- circuit boxes are effectively hidden behind speakers, thus maintaining visual asthetics in my room. Cables and new CD player broken in together and have never listened to seperately, but I'm regularly AMAZED (blissed, rocked, soothed, and blues'd) by the result and sum of my system (including room/acoustic treatments, power conditioning, speaker positioning... and much, much upgrading of source material - many DCC, MFSL, Jap. issues, and other various remasters. Note: Decent h'ware reveals shortcoming in software).
Pre-amp: Sumo Athena
Yamaha (computerized) EQ/pink noise generator system
Amp: Sumo Amdromeda, (original MIT330, 0.5 meter ICs).
CD: Rega Planet 2000, (Audioquest Lapis 0.5 meter IC).
Monster HTS-2000 power conditioner, dedicated 20 amp circuit, hospital-grade sockets and plugs for all.
Speakers: Paradigm Ref.100v2, (with Teknasonic mid and low freq. dampeners located per specific freq. bandwidth analysis) and custom machined brass, spiked bases (25lb. each).
Room-treatments by AcousticsFirst.

Submitted by Chris Hardinger a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wow!! (I had to get that off my chest first) I have to admit prior to purchasing these cables that I was quite a skeptic about the idea of intentionally adding capacitance to any signal cable. I have always held true to the idea that an ideal perfect cable has 0 Ohms resistance, 0 ohms capacitive reactance, and 0 ohms inductive reactance. The salesperson informed me that I could return them for a full refund if these cables didn't change my mind about the use of capacitors to "correct" the phase angle of the signal flowing throught the cable. So having nothing to lose, I bought them hoping to hate and return them, thus proving my point to the salesman. When I first added them to my system I noticed only a slight improvement over my Tara Labs cables which are about 5 years old. It wasn't until the stereo had played for about an hour that I realized I was comparing the MIT's on a cold system to the Tara Labs when my system was all nice and toasty. Even under those circumstances the MIT cables still made improvements to the system. After about 75 hours of action the MIT's are really opening up. I have noticed significant spacial improvements to the overall soundstage with a distinct improvement in the depth of many of my reference recordings. Other improvements include much more detailed bass response and highs which seem more live than recorded. Not many people can say that they have had, Sara Mclachlan, Robert Cray and Patricia Barber all play live in their home but that is the effect these cables have conveyed. I find myself listening more to the music than the gear which as I see it is what any true audiphile should be striving toward. A good friend of mine who is also a discerning ear has made similar observations when listening with me. I am certain the money spent on the cables was well worth it, although I still haven't fully embraced the technical data MIT uses to back the ideas behind these cables. I will agree that intentionally adding capacitance to cables is better than it showing up on its own since now it is a controlled value. When time allows I plan on contacting MIT and discussing these ideas in greater depth. I should also mention that I am an electrical engineer in the power quality industry so clean signals are my lifes blood and source of income!!! I should also mention that there is no chance of my returning these cables as I originally planned. For the record my system consists of the following gear:

Music Reference tube preamp (a Roger Modjesky design)
Classe' CA200 amplifier
Vandersteen 2C loudspeakers
Sota Star turntable
Goertz alpha core silver series and MIT interconnects

Purchased At:   Audio Concepts; North Attleboro MA