MIT Cables Terminator 3 Interconnects Speaker Cables

4.25/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by Jason Liu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2001

Bottom Line:

I had these cables for a few months and for the price I paid for it ($100 Canadian), it was really good. The cables
worked especially well with my Rotel Int Amp (RA-972) and
Acurus cd player. Brighter sounding systems will benefit from Terminator 3- it may sound just a tad laid-back and smooth but that is the way I like my music. For acoustic guitar and other instruments, there is plenty of air and ambience. Of course, the higher priced MIT cables may give you more imaging, soundstage etc. However these interconnects are more than good enough for most mid-fi systems (Cables can be an overkill). Give it a try- at the price you pay there is nothing to lose. Highly recommended.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this after reading reviews on this cable.....i took a chance even though i haven't auditioned it. I have a bright 24/96 cd player and so having read that my cd player is cable dependent i decided to replace my Monster MK400 interconnects with the MIT T3's....Result = More detail, Clearer Mids, Better Soundstage and best of all it tamed my tweeters. I Guess that "box" really works. I am very satisfied. GO check it MIT out!!!

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
Playing around with cables is an expensive hobby. I have tried many cables before settling down on this. That "box" thing actually works, the music becomes louder and clearer. Bass is well-controlled and imaging is precise. Soundstage expansion is the main reason why I am very impressed with this miracle cable. Price is very reasonable considering the execellent build quality and sound. Go for it, it is a very good buy

Submitted by adreff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have this for a few months, and I loved them...Bass is controlled, stereo imaging is excellent and everything juz sounds rite

Most cable maunfacturers only claimed their cable technology are patent pending...but MIT has already patented their stuffs!!!

And refering to the post below, I guess it will be more appropriate to compare apples to apples ....rather than to compare the T3 to something that worth more than 3 times its price!!!

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I had been using these in my system (along w/ the AQ Turquoise) for about 1 year before I decided to try the MIT 330+ interconnects. I left the 330s in my system for about 1 month before comparing them to the T-3s and Turquoises.
The difference was frightening. It was hard to believe that I'd been happy with my system at all. The T-3s sounded cold and harsh and thin. The Turquoises were even worse.

If you're going to spend $2500 or more on an audio system, it's really worth it to spend a couple hundred more on interconnects. In my 4-5k system (around $2300 used), there was absolutely no contest between the $50 T-3s and the $150 330s.

System: