MIT Cables Terminator 2 Speaker Cables

4.36/5 (67 Reviews) MSRP : $199.95

Available As Interconnect, Speaker and Bi-Wire (MSRP is for Interconnect--prices go up from there)

Submitted by santoro vincenzo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
Hello I live in Italy and I would be interested in buying the power cables MIT Cables Terminator 2. How can I pay for having only the euro? and I can pay with paypal. I have to pay Dazzi? thank you very much.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Glotz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2009

Bottom Line:
First off.. everyone appears to be a good, critical listener here. Everyone's reports of both old and new MIT T2 speaker cables are dead on! Even despite the huge differences in opinion! Believe it, but it is just a question of used and new cables.
The bottom line is that my 13-year old MIT terminator 2 Bi-wires sound... 13 years old. After one of the spade connectors just bent off at the connection to the spade two days ago, I realized that my once great cables couldn't have sounded great for at least 1 year, if not more, prior to that. Aside from being heartbroken (the MIT's are as good if not better in a number of sonic areas), I realized a repair on all of the connections was overdue.
The memories of this once amazing cable have really diminished over the years, even with a significantly better audiophile system that I've built over the years (well over $7k), and slowly replaced almost everything- but not the speaker cables yet. I mean, it's not night and day, as the spatial characteristics were still pretty strong against many other cables, ironically. But hardness, and brightness came up more and more often recently, and I know what it is now... as it wouldn't be ignored, especially after upgrading my speakers to new Magnepan 1.6's. Grain, blunted dynamics, things were grating on me and I couldn't put a finger on it . Suffice it to say, I know that the new speakers and their set up were the death knell for these boxed-cable beasts!
Well, I've heard more than 20 different manufacturers over the years, well into the multi-thousands, and ANY cable sounds like crap after this (very) stiff and heavy cables get moved around during speaker setup, re-wiring, or cleaning. After 13 years, it's no one's fault. BUT, keep in mind that YOU may have bought a very old set of wires, and seeing the cutaways of my cables, it is clear that oxygen gets in under the very first section of poly shrink wrap, right next to the connector the weakest part of the this substantial cable run. THAT is also worn the copper, and was greyed to the core and a break in the cable occurred. Small issue with the advanced technology for its day, but let's be real, this was an Achilles heel of this great speaker design.
I ain't gonna name names who's better out there, as I know MIT has gotten only better, especially with their ICONN connection system. Ironically, my favorite company uses a very similar connection system, but their approach is very different in cable design, as well. Just lookin' out.... Peace!

Submitted by Escaladeur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
I don't understand the last two reviews. I think the MIT cables just made other system deficiencies more obvious. This is a revealing cable and if your electronics aren't up to snuff, you will find it out rather quickly.

In my system, these cables work very well. I tried a couple Kimbers, Nordost solar winds, Audioquest T6, and a few miscellaneous ones I have forgotten the names of. I liked the MITs the best. They are clearer and more balanced across the board with a distinct propensity to allow music's emotion to come through. I try various cables now and then to make sure I am not missing anything (hence the silver cables) but so far, I am very satisfied in the quality of sound I get from my MIT T2 biwires.

System synergy is paramount so I always list my associated equipment. Otherwise, the review is meaningless since the reference and context is missing. I use JM Lab Electra 926 speakers, McIntosh MC7200 amplifier, Classe CP50 preamp, and a Jolida JD100 tube cd player. I have changed all my interconnects to be MIT since getting the T2 speaker cables.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by asok a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Dissapointing so far. I bought a lightly used pair of these recently to drive NHT 3.3s powered by an Adcom 5500. Moment I connected these cables, the bass seemed to get muddy, flatter, and the midrange sounded rather bright. At loud levels I found them hard to the ear. These cables have been burned in by the previous owner so I cannot believe that is the issue. That said, the soundstage seemed ok. But I am really dissapointed with the purchase. The irony is I bought them to upgrade from a Monster M Serier pair, and believe me - the Monsters clearly sounded more transparent, more lucid in the midrange and FAR tighter in the low freqs.

Maybe if you listen to mostly jazz and classical, these MITs - at low levels - could be your choice. But I listen to rock n roll and these simply dont have "MEAT". These was extremely apparent when I was hearing Michael Jackson's Billy Jean - the opening drum beats sounded sad.

Maybe the higher priced MITs could deliver better results, but I believe these are simply overpriced basic cables backed by a big name. If after listening to them for sometime I get a different opninion, I will post another review - but as of now, I am tempted to sell them and find something else (or even my old Monsters).

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by sbh2t1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was disappointed in these speaker cables. My system, with relatively warm Parasound Amps and very revealing Thiel speakers, tends to expose any added coloration in the sound. With the MIT speaker cables, I got an oddly unnatural sound, with a bright upper range. Female vocalists suffered in particular- voices became unnatural, even thin.

The soundstage was excellent, I have to say that. And this cable may be perfect with small, limited range speakers- the added brightness might compliment them. But I found these cables disappointing in a system that sounds best with accurate, or slightly warm cables.

I've found other MIT cables interesting- MIT interconnects seem to also add color, but in ways that may be more likable. Using MIT interconnects with warm CD Player, I get signal that seems to be both dynamic and wonderfully rich. The cable seems to add a slightly energetic touch (more subtle than the speaker cables), and that slight touch adds something.

I put in a set of Audioquest type 4 speaker cables, and my system sounds wonderful- warmer and more natural. I'll stick with those.

Purchased At:   audiogon