MIT Cables Terminator 2 Speaker Cable - Pair Speaker Cables

Submitted by pangl a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
An overall very nice speaker cables at a bargain price. You can't get that kind of performance unless you spend around $600-$800 range.

The high is the weakness of this cable IMHO. Otherwise it is very tolerant on most equipments you may use.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Walt Roman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have gone the full gammut in audio equipment in the time I started to tru to put a musical sounding audio system. From an all tube based system using Atma-Sphere OTL's and a Joulle Electra pre-amp with Quads (sounded great but the OTL's were as unreliable as hell) to Krell gear with Mattin Logans and Arial 8's. The quads and tubes had something but I could not tolerate not knowing if the system would work when I turned it on. Since tose systems I have been though a few others consisting of a off the wall variety of amps and speakers. Present system brings me bact to my roots and is proving to give me the relaxes ease of music without problems. McIntosh MA6900 integrated-Ohm Walsh 5 MKII's, Meridian 588 CD player and Well Tempered Labs turntable with Benz M2 phono pre-amp Naim with Flat Cap II.
I had owned a a much more expensive set of MIT speaker cables before 750 MK II's I believe but the whole set up was wrong and I got rid of them and went with Cardas.
I may be more satisfied with another set of cables in this set up but I can say at this time they do everyting I could ask frm the and nothing more--they seem to allow the speaker to have a solid center image and still have good width and height. They allow greater micro dynamics, I know this because I can listen at much lower volumes and all the music is still there ( I have meters on the amp so I know how much power I am putting out ). At $295.00 for the 20 foot pair I needed for my new house the deal at Audio Advisor is a sound one.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Mario Reyes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
Ok, if your reading this review, you most likely considering purchasing. Do yourself a favor and check out the pricing on AudioAdvisor.com. They're blowing out the older models at 50% off.

First a little education on speaker cables. All cables impart they're own "tonallity" to the sound. Its a matter of wire resistance, feedback, interferance (noise), dielectric issues, etc. IE, you don't buy transparent cables. Those boxes on MIT cables are designed to remove those nasties and let your amp / component put out the sound they were intended to. If you have a dark system, you might not like these cables. I truly beleive the reason that most people like expensive silver wires is because they like the snap in the upper mid and treble frequencies. This to them is clarity and revealing. Too me, its fatiguing and artificial. I want a cable to produce a linear sound. If i want more "sparkle" or more "palpable" mids, I will do it in my speaker selection or preamp tube selection. Not in my cables. Cables (other than MIT's) are highly inefficient. Study some basics on cables/wire and electronics, you'll soon understand.

Purchased At:   AudioAdvisor