LINN K400 Bi-Wire Loudspeaker Cable Speaker Cables

4.71/5 (14 Reviews)

Low Loss, High Quality Speaker Cable Designed for Bi-Wire.

Submitted by anowlan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was always someone who believed that cables couldn't make a big difference in a system. The LINN K400 (Which I scored a fantastic deal on) changed my mind. Compared to my biwired runs of Monster Cable: Improved detail. Improved depth and clarity of bass. Increased upper end transparency. Arresting musicality. Vastly improved soundstaging- I thought my center channel was on, but it wasn't.
I can't comment on other speaker cables. I didn't compare these head to head. But these things, for the price, are unbeatable.

Purchased At:   audiogon.com

Submitted by Jumpstat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Exceptional clarity in conveying signals from amplifier. My listening setup consist of Linn basik /akito /K9 with Cyrus 2/Psx and Cyrus 780 on target r1 and sound org turntable support. Tried solid core then audioquest cables but finally settled for Linn K400 installed by Jeffries in Brigton.
Expensive but worth every penny. Used it since 1990. Reurned to malaysia in 94' and so far no physical degradation....

Purchased At:   Jeffries Hi-Fi, Brig

Submitted by flightmight a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
LINN K400 is a great value. I have tried Audio Quest, which was also good...but it was more than double the cost. LINN sounded just as good to me.

Submitted by Brian Larman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Given that I went from lamp cord to the K-400, I don't have much of a long term comparison to quality cable. The improvement of quality was astounding, when I first used K400 for the centre channel. Soon after, I purchased more for my fronts, Linn Keosas, and was completely floored by the difference. For tbe price, compared to other types of cable, the K-400 is an excellent value. It fit into my budget nicely, and I've been pleased since.

Purchased At:   Better Music

Submitted by ThePlayer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Since there are no reviews for Linn K 20 in this forum, I'm going to use this space. Before I started to use the Linn cable, I didn't think a cable could make a difference in sound, you know, I was one of those who thinks a cable is a cable is a cable...
To be honest I have to say there is "no difference between some cables". (ie) RS, Monster, lamp cord, or the cheapo cables that comes with almost every system. Linn cable really makes a big difference. I even use it with an RCA (cheap) speaker, and the sound of the speaker is much better.

The performance of "any speaker" can be upgraded using Linn cable, it is very musical, clean and smooth. Sad thing that Linn doesn't promote their cables as the rest of their line of products, they are kinda difficult to find too, at least on the net... Not only they perform better with Linn systems, as far as I'm concern they work just fine with any speaker or system, single or bi-wire. They make my Cresta 2s sound so neat. The K 20 is kinda dry tho, but compared to the performance it is something you forget when you are "listening the music".

It is not a pretty cable like many others, but like perfume, the important thing is what's inside the bottle.

60.0 WA BLACK: