LAT International SS-1000 MK II Speaker Cables

All internal wires are made of our proprietary Silverfuse metal Conductors. The insulation is a modified Teflon; far better than the commercially available Teflon. (Note: This cable is also available in a Bi-wire version)

Submitted by michael a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2012

Bottom Line:
I need to proclaim the virtues of this cable.

I have tried offerings from audioquest 9 (MIDNIGHT), Monster M1,Mission,XLO, Kimber 8TCs (SHOTGUNNED) etc . Among them my favourites were Chord (fanstastic value for money!)
Kimber (for its neutrality and flexibility). Until I 'met' LAT SS-1000MK2.

Leaving aside the burn-in process,these cables bested any of the above cable in nearly every aspect,and by a huge margin too!

They reveal minute details in the treble and bass regions that even the previously respectable Kimber could not even remotely hint at ! Now with the installation of the other more than respectable HERBIES speakerspikes the performance is elevated to a notch or two-they are now even revealing nuances in drum skins, the differences between a highhat and a cymbal ,how hard they were struck ..these sort of things! Awesome!

Take my word ,I do not know what are the best speaker cables out there ,I do not even know if the LATs are the best, but I know one thing - its performance is way way past its relatively bargain price. Its that good. Period.

Submitted by Sharok a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have a Martin Logan Electro Static 5.1 System:
Front Speakers: Purity (Powered Speakers)
Center Channel: Stage
Rear Speakers: Script i
Sub Woofer: Decent i
A local store in Tucson made a few speaker cables and I used to use Monster M1000i (Inter Connect RCA) for my fron speakers.
I started to loook around for speaker and Interconnect cables for my Electro Static syste and I saw many great reviews on L A T products. so I decided to give it a try (I was not sure how good would it match with Electro Stat speakers).
I purchased a speaker cable for my center channel (SS-1000 MK II) and I am very happy with it.
This cable offers an absolutley clear background and a great sound stage. Compared to my old speaker cable, this cable is truly musical. I'd recommend this cable to anyone who wants one of the best speaker cables in the market with a very reasonable price.

Purchased At:   L A T International

Submitted by Fred Keys a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
SS-1000 Fred

My system is fairly expensive and in my opinion a very revealing system. It consists of Krell Electronics and Legacy speakers. I had been using Nordorst Rev II Red Dawn, one of their pricy speaker cables at $1760.00. A dealer discounted them for me by 10 % off. Still pricy for me.

While the Nordost has served me well fairly well, one day a friend of mine mentioned that Legacy had recommended LAT Int’l cables at the time he purchased his Legacy speakers. He is so impressed with the cables that I let the “up grade bug” bite me. I decided to go for it.

My first impressions were somewhat surprising. At initial listening they sounded only slightly less impressive than the Nordost; but after about two weeks of listening, they suddenly flowered into astonishing performance. I found the following improvements over the Nordosts:

Unsurpassed resolution of fine and low lever details over the Nordost and over any cables I have heard
Extremely detailed, smooth, extended, neutral and authoritative.
Tight and articulate bass
Complete absence of coloration
Surpassed the Nordosts in virtually every way.

It is incredible to me that the L A T Int’l completely blew away the much more expensive Nordost cable!

I will certainly look for a buyer for the Nordosts. I will use the money to expand my CD collection

Purchased At:   LAT International we

Submitted by KenKennyclark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
I had been a very satisfied user of LAT SS-1000 D speaker cable for three years. After hearing many people rave about the new SS-1000 MK II version, I decided to try it. Well, I can tell you the difference between the two is like night and day. I was very surprised that the MK II could be so much better than the “D” version that I and several friends liked so well.

The reproduction my system now produces is simply cleaner and more distinct in terms of the overall clarity.

Soundstage is very wide and deep. Instruments are accurately positioned and stable within the soundstage. There is lots of detail but not the type that is analytical and gets on your nerves after a while.

My friend and I did comparisons with another friend’s Acoustic Zen Absolute. This Acoustic Zen is touted by some audiophiles to be one of the very best cables out there.

We both saw no improvement over the LAT cable. In fact the LAT excelled in areas such as more specific focus - instead of “exaggeratedly” large vocalists. Vocals with the LAT are naturally sized and properly positioned. The highs are much more revealing without any harshness – a slight bit of which we heard in the Acoustic Zen. The more we listened the more we felt we might go so far as to say the LAT excelled in virtually all areas. Rather shocking when you realize the Acoustic Zen costs 8 times as much as the LAT SS-1000 MK II. I have not listened to every cable out there but I would be surprised if it wasn’t one of the best speaker cables out there.

Purchased At:   Dealer

Submitted by Fairhursttom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
If you are like me, you will not be influenced by the price of a cable. I have auditioned several speaker cables over the past 2 months . Some very high priced ones along with the moderately priced L AT International SS-1000 MK II. I don’t need the “prestige” of being able to say I have brand “X” that is putting a strain on my mortgage payment. The LAT bested them all in virtually all aspects of evaluation:

Soundstage is very wide and deep.
Bass is much tighter with bass lines definition clearly audible.
Imaging is much more defined.
Detail retrieval, transparency, presence are far superior with the LAT.

So my advice to anyone looking for great value for the money, look to LAT International.

Purchased At:   Direct from LAT Inte