Kimber Kable 4TC Speaker Cables

4.26/5 (47 Reviews) MSRP : $146.00

4TC consists of eight individual TCSS conductors, four clear and four white, that utilize our proven braiding technique. The insulating dielectric is high pressure-low temperature-extruded Teflon. The individual conductors are Hyper-pure copper, arranged in proven VariStrand conductor geometry.

Submitted by Airwin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2014

Bottom Line:
Bought these based on the reviews all over the internet and this site. Seriously disappointed! I couldn't wait to get home and hook them up. Nothing, no dynamics, soundstage, bass, highs. I am thinking that maybe I purchased a fake pair? I know not all Kimber wires have their name on them, these don't so I am wondering if the guy that I bought them from was laughing when I left! If they are real, then they really suck. Oddly enough, one the best sounding cables that I have used that do everything right is a pair of diy ones that were made of a 30 foot extension cord from Walmart! I have had a ton of cables that go into the ridiculous price range but these Kimber, if they truly are, suck!!!

Submitted by SG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
It is interesting, and perhaps instructive, that none of the speaker cable manufacturers backup their product performance claims with scientific evidence. If using their cable really has such a large effect on the sound coming out of a system, that would be reflected in measurements of frequency response, signal-to-noise ratio, etc. In addition, If the effects were so dramatic, they could easily gather a large group of people and perform double-blind listening tests using the same audio system but a variety of speaker cable, including their own, and the large majority of participants would agree on the best sounding cable.

However, that sort of data is never provided. All we get is unsubstantiated claims that their product will provide a more focused and transparent sound-stage, improved transient speed, etc. Then people shell out large sums of money in the belief that it will improve the sound of their system. It isn't really surprising that many of them then report that their system now provides "a more focused and transparent sound-stage, improved transient speed, etc." Each product review in these forums is full of the exact same phrases used by that particular manufacturer in its advertising.

A post from the Audioholics forum tells of a blind listening test in which five audiophiles couldn't tell the difference between Monster 1000 cable and coat hangers that were secretly substituted for the Monster cable. The listeners thought both sounded great. (see http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/ ) The result would probably be the same if Kimber Kable 4TC had been used.

I am not suggesting that Kimber Kable is bad. I just feel that for most systems, any reasonably well-made and well-terminated cable would sound just as good. I have been using Kimber 4TC for several years, and I am happy with it, but it really doesn't sound significantly better than the Monster XP I used in the past. The impact of one's cable choice is too small to justify the hundreds or thousands of dollars that some audiophiles spend on it.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Tripping Billy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
I like Kimber Kable - plain and simle. That pretty much describes the cable -- neutral, but convey music well.

Started with TC4 in single wire config - pretty good. Broke apart and biwired same speakers expecting even better. Nope - way worse, almost thin and grainy sounding.

Then bought a second set and had them shotgunned, so now a full 4TC to the bass and treble on the speakers. WOW!

They are good, but don't strech them -- I have a guy that buys the wire in bulk, then terminates and finishes them with whatever hardware you want - spades, bananas, whatever. Much cheaper and ya, I agree, the factory finished cables just don't seem right.

Totally happy with them, tried others, but nothing stuck (including a set of $1000 MIT Terminator 4s).

Plain, simple, cable.

I also highly recommend the Kimber Hero I/Cs - but again, terminate and finish them yourself - cheaper, better.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by levinhhung a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this cables to replace the crappy internal wires of my Dynaudio 52 and Jmlab cobalts CC800S
Definately improvement in sound quality , no doubt about it ..

Submitted by JoelV a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I LOVE this cable. In every system I've tried with 4TC, I've found the sound to be very immediate, transparent, and, though I am loath to use their own advertising adjectives, "focused." Some amplifiers are more sensitive to cabling than others. I'm currently using an NAD 304 integrated and Triangle Zerius speakers in my bedroom. If you've owned this amp, you may already know that it is extremely sensitive to different cables. Going from AQ Type 4 to Kimber 4TC was a significant jump in clarity with no loss in bass. In fact, both frequency extremes are now better represented and subtle textures are very audible. I really wanted to upgrade my amplifier before switching and now I'm quite satisfied for the time being. I will be trying 8TC in a single bi-wire configuration next.

Braid pattern on Kimber 4TC?

I'm thinking of building a pair of long inter-connects for my CD player that are exactly like Kimber 4TC, by just buying the Kimber wire and RCA connectors from partsconnexion.com, or I might build the PBJ version instead. Where can I find out the pattern that each of these are braided in and how t ... Read More »

High End: