IXOS 1003 BRONZE SPIRAL BRAID 1 METER Speaker Cables

Submitted by nicnic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this interconnect as a last resort due to not being able to find a shop selling alternatives in the area - also without knowing I was buying it for £10 off, ie for £20. I was using a cheapo JVC 2m interconnect between my Philips CD753 and Marantz PM4000 and the difference the Ixos cable made amazed me. This was basically my first proper interconnect upgrade so I'm sure the world of wires has a lot more to offer than this budget Ixos cable but it definitely let through heaps more information from my hi-fi, and considering it was a budget hi-fi it was a great match. When using this interconnect what I noticed most was a lot more detail and the bass improved massively in both quality and amount. It made me realise what I had been missing previously and now I'm convinced of the value of upgrading from cheapo crappo interconnects.

Another point worth making is that the quality of construction of this interconnect is very high, although I wouldn't expect less from Ixos, the ceramic RCA plugs in particular give the cable an overall quality feel. One possible downside of this is that the plugs are heavy, and where the cable splits at both ends there seems a possibility of stress being placed of the cable to to the haevy plugs. But that's not really going to cause a problem as I'd expect it to be plugged in all the time, and I'm not going to wave it around my head any time soon!

Purchased At:   Dixons Harrogate