Illuminations Orchid Speaker Cables

Submitted by Fred T a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got the Orchid to go between my beloved CEC TL1X and Classe' DAC1. I was using D-60 before and was taken back by how the Orchid was laid back in comparison. At first I thought I wouldn't like it but as it burned in I found I was getting even more information than the D-60 which is really incredable. The Orchid just presents itself with a deeper soundstage and is better layered. The D-60 is very good and the Orchid is better. I think the Orchid even smooths out digital more. I am missing nothing compared to the D-60 and hearing a bit more. Previous cables do not even compare to either Illuminations products. I hated the XLO and the Yamamura was way too polite and rolled off.

Purchased At:   www.hellohifi..com

Submitted by Robert a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I had the Nordost Moonglo XLR for over a year and didn't realize what I was missing. The Orchid has given me a whole new appreciation of my music collection and of the CD format itself. CDs just don't sound digital through the Orchid. Instead, this cable offers a beautifully detailed and musical presentation, the bass is prodigious and the highs extend naturally, touching the heavens with harmonious grace. The Orchid presents a lush soundscape, richly textured and musical. A caveat? Only one I can think of: With some tubed systems, the Orchid may seem a little too laid back and lackluster. But please don't let this last remark dissuade you from auditioning the Orchid; it is a fantastic product worthy of your consideration and hard-earned bucks.

FGH 26: