Harmonic Technology Pro-11 Speaker Cable Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (14 Reviews)

6N single-crystal copper speaker cable

Submitted by fets a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is a very good cable
Incredible soundstage and huge low bas.
hights are smooth and very "real" sounding
Small details never heard before and smooth soundstage are audiable.
I purchased these used but they seem to get better and better with time? (like they where new?)

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Pointer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2008

Bottom Line:
I absolutely agree with the recent post.
This cable costs at least three times than its competitors equivalent (or better) in respect to sound quality.
I no longer will follow reviews or suggestions without own experience.
It features undecided mids, smudgy highs, flooded bass.
Hopely, I met a chinese fake product, not a genuine one.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by skipper320 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
I am usually not given to writing negative reviews, but I must put my two cents in where this cable is concerned. I frankly don't understand where this cable rates so highly both here and by pro reviewers. I used this cable for over a year with both Rogue 88 Magnum and Bedini 801 amplifiers driving a pair of audio physic spark speakers. I felt it was very laid back and not very musically involving. It seemed to roll off the top end and sounded sluggish in the bass. I thought my system was lacking elsewhere and changed out almost every component because I simply could not accept that the cable was the problem since it has been reviwed so highly. I finally borrowed some cables from a friend and problem solved!. These borrowed cables, costing about 1/4 as much as the pro-11's opened up my system. It sounded smoother and much more involving.
I am certainly not a professional reviewer, but I caution any potential buyer to certainly try these cables in your system before buying them. They seem to be very system/component dependent.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by nikosidis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
Cables are something that does little with a system, at least if the cables are of reasonable quality. Some electronics might be more sensetive to cable change, that others.
That sayd, it's no doubt that if you realy want a high-end system, everything has to be in place.
I had to try pro-11 after what I had read about them, and yes it's that best cable that I had, or tried. But it's not a big difference from my tara-labs prime 1000.
Where I heard an improvment was in the high-freq... I never had sutch dynamics and detail in the high-freq.. before. Tara-labs prime 1000 sounded a little undetailed in high-freq.. compared to pro-11. But we are talking very small changes here.

Looks very high-end. I hate those thin cables ;O For me it's very important.
My system is:
Rel Stampede (Sub.)
Focal Electra 1007BE (Front)
Lyngdorf SDAI2175(Tact) Integated amp.
Primare DVD30

Submitted by el34eh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Hi There -

First off I don't consider this a review Per Se.

It's nothing more of a manner in which I wanted to make others aware of just how Musical these Cables are.

With that being said. Shall we proceed?.

I consider this article long overdue.
As I've owned these Cables since January 5Th. 2001, and have come to one realization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I've found them hard to replace as I've spent the last 4 years - 9 months attempting to find something which would offer a better sound in my system yet can say in all honesty - That hasn't been the case as I've auditioned over 13 different brands since that time and as none of them have seriously offered what I'd consider an overall improvement - merely sounding different and nothing else.

I've listened to the usual suspects from companies like Acoustic Zen - Kimber Kables - JPS Labs Superconductors + - PHY - HP - Transparent Audio - Cardas Audio - Zu Cables - Naim Audio - Chord Co. and MIT.

I was told by a well known Dealer of Cables that in fact that many owners of these Cables were selling theirs due to the fact that many had found them to lack Musicality and often were found as not being very Transparent versus many other more costly options, and that they sounded as if a veil was resting in front of the speakers themselves. I beg to differ.

I just think that more and more people are becoming more accustomed to a sound which offers the Illusion of being more detailed above all else. These Cables are more then capable of seeing off a many of these so - called newer designs which are nothing more then some of the shelf Cables with nicer coverings and a misconception about so unclaimed newer technology based upon things of legends. To my ears I find them quite neutral throughout the entire spectrum allowing anyone whom takes the time to understand what Music should/could sound like to begin with?. I've found them very Musical and offering a sense of Beauty and texture which again to my ears simply allow the flow of the innermost messages to be heard anew. They're uncolored which might have something to do with the fact that they turn up for sale on either Audiogon or eBay so much? I tend to beleive this is mainly a result of the prior owners looking for more detailing abilities versus that of Truth moresothen anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

But then again I'm listening to mine along with their stablemate Truth - Link CU or Pro - Silway Mk.3 IC's and A.C. Pro 11+ Power Cord which I think forms a very synergistic sound when used in tandem. As I've also noticed that many prefer to mix and match their Cables as a means to tone their systems weaknesses or merely because the overall sound of their systems aren't matched to begin with.

As one goes through the process of making their Hi Fi Systems more detailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Said systems tend to sound more akin to Hi Fi and further away from one which offers a greater sense of being more Emotionally connectioned to the Music.

I fully understand that most matters as they relate to Audio are always going to be viewed as a subjective issue. Yet for the very life of me I can't understand all fo the noise being made over some of these Cables being offered to Us Consumers these days as being the newest and best thing out there only to be replaced with next years MK.2 - Signature or Reference Versions. What's is that all about?

I think that isn't nothing more then a way to keep Us forever searching for something which doesn't truthfully exist.

Yet we continue to fall into the same pattern of buying something which is again more times then not - Lesser Quality and more Money. I mean if you're going to buy into either Technology of say Copper or Silver? then go for the Gold and not waste your money on items which don't hold their value. In which case you seriously only have a few real options namely:

Silversmith Cables - Audio Note *Japan - Q Audio - PHY - HP - Nordost Cable - Kubala - Sonsa - Silent Source or Jorma Designs to consider. I say give these Cables a listen and if you find them lacking? then look elsewhere in your system as I doubt that these are to be blamed for weaknesses which lay elsewhere. More then likely either the Source or other Components further down the chain.

I write this as a means to assist others in finding out the truth about said Cables, and understand that I consider these to be better then most would ever think possible without understanding the true meaning of Synergy within ones own system - or the overall importance of truthfully understanding the texture which exist in Music itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Don't buy into the HYPE or BS mindset and just take the time to listen with an open mind and heart to hear the TRUTH.

- 4 Real.