Eichmann eXpress 6 Speaker Cable Speaker Cables

High purity oxygen free copper conductors, Teflon FEP insulation, EMF control system, spade or 4mm banana plug termination.

Submitted by garbz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
The express 6 speaker cable was purchased from a friend to eliminate the cheap crap I was running in my otherwise great system. First impressions were not that good.

The speaker cable is extremely stiff and very hard to work with. The bayonet connectors also did not make a very firm connection in my speakers or my amplifier. In my frustration out came the pliers, off came the connectors and I was left sitting down enjoying the cable (and I think the sound improved a bit too).

The sound is very laid back, warm and bassy. The highs almost sound slightly attenuated making these speaker cables a great compliement to my harsh source. The signal comes accross as very clean and detailed, and the soundstage and general impact greatly improved.

Midranges sounded very smooth and seemed to allow the speakers and amp to do their work with more ease.

However at times the bass sounded like it lacked control and aticulation. While this is definatly not the type of sound to be ashamed of, it was eventually fixed by bi-wiring the speaker with a different cable to the bass driver. Bi-wiring with 2 runs of eichmann speaker cables made a slight difference not worth the extra expense.

In my final setup the eichmanns currently only run the tweeter and they do a phenominal job. However points are lost for difficult of installation, lacklustre bass preformance, and horrible connection of the bayonets makes this cable loose points.

However if you want a cable to use in a bi-wired system to specifically drive tweeters, I highly recomend this cable. Although I sugest spade terminations.

Purchased At:   Second Hand

Submitted by muziekfreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well,let's see tring tring the doorbell rings. The postguy with a package. Yes the Ls-cables. Quickly removed my audioquest hyperlitz sterling 1 cable and putt on the eichmann six cable. My god what a difference. The high regions are sounding much more fowarding on my speakers! More detail just a wonderfull cabel or a bottom price!

Purchased At:   Audiofriend of my

Submitted by vm8444 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
wow what soundstage,,,these cables rock,,,beautifully,,i have tryed plenty with my quads,,,and these cables show how wonderful my quads can sound,,detail,,musical,,,yet to hear a better cable for the money,,

Purchased At:   online