DH Labs Silver Sonic T-14 Speaker Cables

4.57/5 (60 Reviews) MSRP : $122.00

Silver Sonic T-14 High Resolution speaker cable was designed by D.H. Labs to provide the highest quality sound at a much lower price than competing cables. It uses the finest materials available, including silver, oxygen-free copper and a pure Teflon dielectric. The strands are then tightly wound and extruded with our Teflon insulation. Silver Sonic T-14 uses DuPont PTFE, which is the highest grade of Teflon (and the most expensive).

Submitted by SWK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
Overall speaking, smooth, refined, articulate, transparent and revealing; sweet and clean high, punchy and extended low (bi-wire configuration applied in my system) , but somehow less involving and prudish mid not to the taste of Neil Diamond sexy voice lovers; very sensitive to components, parts, and front-end interconnects.

Submitted by machani a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
I am using the T14 in a biwire configuration along with DH Labs Q10. The T14 is connected to the HF terminal of my Quad 22L with the Q10 going to the LF terminal. The HF terminal is dedicated to the tweeter (crossed over at 3KHz). The LF terminal power the midrange and bass drivers.

The T14 pretty much does what the Q10 does: provides exceptional smoothness, clarity and top end extension. Used in "external biwire" as I described above, the soundstange, focus and transparency are taken to new levels.

Purchased At:   partsconnexion.com

Submitted by Ruthless Brad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2006

Bottom Line:
I ordered a pair of 10 ft bi-wired T-14 cables w/ upgraded Z-plug bananas from . gave me a call (he said he likes to speak with his customers in person) and asked me what speakers I have. I have B&W 602 S3s, and he recommended doing a double run instead of bi-wiring for these speakers since they are two-way; it would be a waste to dedicate one of the runs to just the tweeters. He also threw in four short lengths of T-14 wire to upgrade my jumpers.

These cables replaced some free 16 gauge wire that my speaker store guy threw in with my B&W speakers. I have to say... upgrading to the T-14 cables was almost like adding a subwoofer! When I threw in my Sublime CD, there was almost too much bass... almost. These are bookshelf speakers, so I still need a sub to hit the lowest frequencies. I also noticed that the trebles are cleaner now, but that may be due to the new jumpers. Might be a little too bright for some people's tastes, though. I didn't notice any changes in the mid-range, but I was probably just too distracted by the improved bass to notice.

Purchased At:   Value Audio

Submitted by DeeChiSound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
Ordered this cable from Drew at Moon Audio. Workmanship is second to none. I ordered mine with double run bi-wire with silver banana's. Plugged them into my B&W 602 S3 speakers and was very impressed. These really opened up the sound and mid-range. And the bass was just right for me. I didnt have the brightness or the grain that others have reported. Just good clear sound.

Drew is great to buy from at Moon Audio. I also have a pair of his all silver interconnects, the blue dragons. My system has never sounded better.

Purchased At:   Moon Audio

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
To be honest, I haven't had much personal experience with other speaker cables, but after visiting a few friends who've spent more money on their systems, I can clearly say that mine sounds better, and I owe it to the Silver Sonic T-14.
A great cable that only takes a few days of use to burn in, I haven't noticed the bass problems that a few of the other writers have mentioned. Great sound, great cable, great price.

My system:
Sony STR-90ES receiver (120wx5)
Infinity RS-8 (L,R)