Crystal Clear Audio Reference Interconnects Speaker Cables

The Crystal Reference is the flagship interconnect of the Crystal Clear line. It too uses solid silver wire and the same shielding material.

Submitted by Robert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2015

Bottom Line:
I cannot seem to find a place here on Audio Review where I can review the Crystal Clear Cables Master Series of interconnects so I am going to do this here, and I need to do this because these are the best interconnects I have ever had the pleasure of hearing and using, and I have been throwing money into things audio for over 20 years now. So, bear with me because here we go:
This will be short. Buy these. Now. And I repeat. Buy these, now. Today, or tonight depending on when you are reading this. Because once you have these, and once they are broken in, you will kick yourself for not having done the purchase sooner. Gentlemen (and ladies, though you are rare in the world of the high end, but welcome,please!), I have been searching for at least the last 18 years or so for what I thought was the proper preamp to make my whole system complete. I have owned over 17 different preamps and none seem to be getting the job done that I wanted. And I had some darn fine preamps, believe me. Then I started to spend money not on black boxes but on cables. I went for broke and bought some Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval speaker cable. Good start Bob, a very, very good start. I am very happy with the performance of the AP BSO speaker cable so I thought I would try some of their silver interconnects. Fortunately I was able to get a demo pair to try. While good, they are very pricey and strangely, to my ears, they did not seem to compliment the BSO speaker cables as I imagined they would. I went on a search for some silver interconnects that were reasonably priced and that is when I came across the Crystal Clear Cable interconnects, specifically the Master class, or series. I found some interconnects new for sale on Audiogon and for less (a lot less) than the AP stuff or another preamp, I bought them. (And many thanks to Mel, who is a true gentleman and a price of a fellow). The ICs arrived with instructions that they would need about 50 hours of break-in time so to be safe, I gave them 100 hours. People, I have been saved. Saved from having to buy anymore black boxes (or silver ones) in a quest for sonic Nirvana. These interconnects are MARVELOUS! I know that many of you might say, "oh-oh, silver. That stuff is hard sounding and painful to the ears". Yes brothers and sisters, I too once thought that but the CC cables is not like that. At all. It has all of the greatness that silver is known for as well as what is also the benefits of copper. I do not know how they do it, but they did it and did it well. I have never heard an IC of any price or build that sounds this good. I have attended the RMAF on several occasions and I have experienced some pretty expensive cables. To my ears, the Crystal Clear products I have heard beats them all. So, so much for the damnation of silver....
I can hear so much more than I have ever heard before from recordings, and while that is an often over-used cliche, it is so true here. I can hear deep into the recording studios, hear the deep chesty resonance of singers, almost feel the strings on the cello or violin, and see the pianist attacking the keys. I am no writer for $tereophile or the Absolute $ound (dollar signs are intentional) so I lack the requisite vocabulary to make my point any stronger or more vivid. So I have to stress on a much lower level that the Crystal Clear stuff is good, great, excellent, phenomenal, marvelous and just downright jaw-dropping. I have ordered more and I am in the process of selling off so much of the cable I have now in my home in order to get another "fix" of the Crystal Clear (yikes, a "meth reference?).
I hope that my rambling here will convince you that a purchase of the Crystal Clear cables, be it the Master series or any of their other series, is well worth your hard earned cash. I went looking for some on the standard audio websites to see what might be for sale and I saw only one pair for sale that was used. I think that alone speaks volumes to the quality of the cable, both sonically and craftsmanship-wise. Though I have not really dwelled on the build of the cables, suffice it to say that the build of these cables is extraordinary. Go to their website and you will see that they stress that they use only the best of the best in the construction of their cables.
In closing and to sound like the stuck CD track, the Crystal Clear audio cables are brilliant made, marvelous to experience from a sonics perspective and they will have you digging out recording after recording to hear what you have been missing, staying up late to do so, and having your feet keeping time with the music while you sit and soak in the glory of the music while you grin from ear to ear the knowledge that you have found heaven in a pair of interconnects.

Submitted by mijon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
I need to write a very good review for this cables. I really love them. I consider it the best cables in the world!! I have the whole set on my system setup, no other brand cables. The performance is outstanding!! the sonic difference is way way to better to describe than the other cables I used. The sound is very smooth with the absence of distortion, it has the ability to reproduce percussive instruments with sharp, crisp attacks--for example, castanets, snare drums, classical guitar, piano. Instead of blurring the instruments together as one sound source, the individual instruments are reproduced so their placement can be clearly identified.
Very detailed; well balanced between its ability to reproduce background program information as well as foreground information; capable of reproducing complex program material without sacrificing any part of it.
I will be setting up another one in my room, and will have the CCA cables again.
Thanks so much

Purchased At:   CCAC

Submitted by Tedtriode a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
Undoubtedly the best cables I have heard. It is definitely the best quality built and sound and excellent value. This is serious cable for the money. I compared many companies products. This is the best sounding cable. If you have doubts, just go and listen for your self.
I love these cables

Purchased At:   CCAC

Submitted by teapot97 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
The reference series are undoubtly top-flight interconnect. The reference soundstage, transients and images are larger than any other cables I tried. Tonal balance was completely consistent with the rest of their performance : powerful, bass, clear, soundstage. Physically handcrafted to perform the best interconnect to suit your need. No frills on advertisement unlike other cables.

Submitted by MichaelG a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have been a long time customer of Mel's PKM AUDIO dealership. Most of my equipment was purchased from him. I love dealing with Mel. I would say the best purchase I made from him was his Crystal Clear Audio Cables. Crystal Clear cables Made my Audio system complete. I am very happy and satisfied with my setup.
CCA is handcrafted to perfection. I love the built quality and construction. The cotton sleeves jacket which looks very unique and expensive. Purity of Silver conductor. I foundd all this description true with CCA cables:
Frequency response: extended; linear.
Discrimination: detailed; well balanced between its ability to reproduce background program information as well as foreground information; capable of reproducing complex program material without sacrificing any part of it. Transients: the ability to reproduce percussive instruments with sharp, crisp attacks--for example, castanets, snare drums, classical guitar, piano.
Imaging: instead of blurring the instruments together as one sound source, the individual instruments are reproduced so their placement can be clearly identified.
Soundstage: related to the excellence of the imaging, the music seems not to come from a localized speaker source, but to have a breadth and depth outside the box.
Smooth: not harsh; absence of ringing and/or distortion; smoothness without sacrificing frequency response, discrimination and transients.
Transparency: un-muffled; clear; open; the sense that the veil has parted and that one is not listening to a reproduction but through to the original performance. Signal-to-noise: the music seems to emerge from a dead quiet background.

Purchased At:   Crystal Clear Audio