Chord Odyssey Speaker Cables

4.83/5 (12 Reviews)

Heavy gauge twisted pair

Submitted by honeymonster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2014

Bottom Line:
Chord Odyssey 2 is a bit stiff but it moulds to the skirting board quite well, and the white outer jacket is well disguised by the white paintwork of the wall. For an unasuming speaker cable the upgrade it gave my system was really noticeable - had been using QED XT before. Highly recommended , try these guys who terminated the cable with genuine Chord banana plugs and heatshrink very neatly. http://www.hifigear.co.uk/chord-odyssey-2-hifi-home-cinema-speaker-cable.html

Submitted by robbiefest a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have been auditioning new speakers in my home for a couple of weeks. In the end there hasn't been a replacement I liked, so my local hifi dealer suggested I take home some speaker cables and an amp to try.

i have 30 year old Bose 301s that I was ready to get rid of. I thought i'd done every thing to get them to sound good. Bought a new marantz av amp, marantz DV9500 SACD player, Rotel power amp, $500 interconnects, and Audioquest type 4 speaker cable.

Having auditioned a pair of nice JBLs and Dynaudio focus 140s at home this week, I'd just about given up and was just going to live with my system. Tonight I changed from the audioquest type 4 speaker cables to the Chords. All I can say is what a revelation. I have a VERY different sound now. The result is better than buying a new pair of speakers or a new 200w rms rotel power amp,which I also brought home to try.

The chords have made such a significant improvement to the sound that I have to get used to the sound all over again.

Previously the sound was nice and open, great depth and stereo image, but the tone was not good. Instruments sound compressed and sounded much the same. It was really the tone that was driving me to buy new speakers, but when I bought new ones home to try, nothing really sounded good. They all had an imbalance somewhere. Now my Bose 301 series 1 sound so fresh and modern. Top end has smoothed right out to where the snares and cymbals just sound so natural and clear. Acoustic guitars are shining. Vocals are good but I'm hoping they will get better. From what I read in a few weeks the mids should start to shine. Even now they are still very good. Overall, the sound is so balanced, smooth, crisp but not harsh, just what I have been looking for but not knowing how to get it. I have also tried Anticables, which sounded very similar to the audioquest, with the audio quest having much more air and life to them. Recently I gave the dynaudio focus 140s a very bad rap, but maybe I will have to reconsider, as it seems that the audioquest cables were most likely the culprits causing a peak in high mids. The first time I tried them I wondered if they were a coloured sounding cable. From what I hear tonight, that is an understatement.

The chords have really given my system new life I really didn't expect to get. I am using the odyssy 4s. I"m hoping I can get away with the 2s as the 4s are $110 / metre in Australia. Not cheap.

Submitted by Mike Bailey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
I am lucky enough to be able to Bi Amp and Bi Wire, having changed from Van Den Hul Clearwater my Linn Amps positively sing through my Epos ES14's. Was the upgrade worth it? You bet it was. The extra extension at both ends, the clarity , dynamics and the seperation, I would have been prepared to pay a lot more to achieve the result. Would I recommend Chord Oddessey? I think I just have. Go and get them for yourself.

Submitted by scottspinner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
well made and great value for the money
clean clear not to bright and not to bass heavey i use the 2 in 7000pound speakers
and thy dont let there self down.used with no outer sleave there good value im
waiting on the reference signatures

Submitted by Stevy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
When I upgraded my amplification to Chord electronics (different company to Chord Co cables) CPA2200 pre amp and SPM600 power amp,I was advised by the dealer to change interconnects and speaker cable,to get the best out of these superb amps.
So when the amps came home with me,so did 6 metres of Oddysey biwire cable,I hooked them up to my B&W cdm7nt speakers,bearing in mind the amps & cable were new and not run in at all,the sound was a quantum leap away from my old system.
After a few weeks it was noticeable that the system was settling down and "burning in".Now after 6 months,and a new Meridian 588 cd(see separate review)player nicely run in,the whole system sounds sublime with detail to die for,soundstaging,slam,attack,decay,etc all superb.
The chunky white cables even look good to me,and when pushed upto the white skirting boards in my house,manage to disappear,almost as well as they disappear in my system,allowing the music to flow.

Gersman Sonograms vs Odyssey loreleis/Kismet

Has anyone compared these speakers, they are around the same price range.. Comments?Read More »

Arthur C. Clarke's life was an 'Odyssey' of the mind

By Cesar G. Soriano, USA TODAY [url]http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-03-18-arthur-clarke-obit_N.htm?csp=34[/url] Arthur C. Clarke, the science fiction visionary best known for the groundbreaking 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey, a psychedelic epic of mankind's encounter with never-seen ... Read More »

2001: A Space Odyssey Masterpiece.

In 1968 director Stanley Kubrick released his 3-year in the works film 20[B]01: A Space Odyssey[/B] and the medium, while unprepared, would never be the same. The film itself is a whole lesson on form, style, and structure. It's a film that stands the test of time and has some of the most memorabl ... Read More »

Odyssey Stratos

Anyone out there have experience matching this amp with various speakers? In particular various Proac monitors or Von Schweikert VR-1 monitors.Read More »

Odyssey Extreme Monoblock Amplifiers

Please add a category for this amplifier to the Odyssey range of models listed. Manufacturer Name: Odyssey Manufacturer's Website Address (critical): [url]http://www.odysseyaudio.com/[/url] Category (DVD Player, Subwoofer, etc): Monoblock amplifier pair Product Name or Model Number: Stratos ... Read More »

High End: