Cardas Audio Quadlink 5C Speaker Cables

4.46/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by Cardas quad link 5-c speakers cable a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok. I try so many speaker cable for system. Audioquest cv6 was clean but not as open
Sound as these cardas quad link 5c I fond they very good with my tube amp (conrad 11A amp)
Running with M&k 1c ,I use it parasound hca1500A. Too. But somehow abit bright on top end
To me ... These cable will have very open headroom
But soft bass. , the high are sweet and little bit rolloff at the top.
Mid are wonderful very natural and full of body. More palpable ..
So system maching is important in any audio system
Then again My system is on the soft. Side .
I still have these cable in my system now even I have three
Extra pair of speakers cable in the closest .
The discovery Essenes 8 ft. And audioquest cv6 8ft
Just sitting in there ... I tell you these cable are great if
You can match them up with the right system ..
$250For a 5ft pair. Is a great buy ..
I so glad I bought ...

Source.
Sony 777es

Submitted by raymundo24 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I’ve always heard that an upgrade in speaker cable would really boost the sound of a stereo system, so when I had the opportunity to buy a pair of demo models of Cardas Quadlink-5 C speaker cables in 4.5 meter length at about 40% off I couldn’t resist. At that price the cost per foot per single cable was $13.90, alot more than the $1.50 per foot price of the Monster M500 speaker cable I had hooked up to my system, but cheaper than the Cardas $23.20 retail per foot price for 4.5 meter lengths.

The difference between the Cardas and the Monster is like night and day! The Cardas is that much better. It's like someone took the low flow head out of the shower, and one got a full burst of water.

With the Cardas music is much smoother, and neutral. It is also more transparent and one can really tell where musicians are positioned spatially.

Additionally, the instruments sound like they are supposed to, as opposed to a muddy blend even with songs with heavy layering like heavy metal.

As a former amateur roadie and musician I’m fully aware what most musical instruments are supposed to sound like live. It is chilling when instruments like snare drums, cymbals, acoustic violins and guitars and vocals sound life like!

The Cardas helps bring out the true sound of the source material through my JM Lab speakers, and I am able to hear more nuances of the music that I never heard before with the M500. Louder, more natural.

Now one might wonder how I could compare Cardas to a cheaper speaker cable without comparing it to something more comparable like Kimber 8TC or Audioquest Granite? Well the truth is this is not a fair comparison, but who has the time and money to be buying such expensive cables just to do a taste test? Not me, especially when most local electronics stores don’t even carry such exotic cabling, and to do such a in-depth comparison I’d have to special order things that aren't return able mail-order.

If you like your music neutral, detailed and uncolored then I think you will find the Cardas Quadlink-5 C speaker cable is a great choice.

My system is listed below, so you can compare what is used to play through the Cardas Quadlink-5 C speaker cable.

System:
Marantz SR-18 Receiver
JM Lab Electra 915 Speakers
Parasound CD/P-2000 CD (HDCD) Player with Kimber Silver Streak .5m Interconnects,
Denon DVD-2900 DVD-Audio/SACD Player with Audioquest Viper 1.0m Interconnects for left/right fronts,
Adcom ACE-615 Line Conditioner

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Michen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I found this cable to fit best into my equipment after a long search for the right cable. I use an audiolab (camtech) amplifier with audiolab DAC/transport. All cables I tried before (Kimber, Audioquest, wireworld) always sounded a bit too harsh, listening fatigue was very high as the equipment sounds pretty much "on the edge" and sharp itself. So my suggestion to you is to try this one out if you have a similar configuration: Cardas will please your ears. But if you already have a system that sounds warm (like NAD, etc.) you might be thinking twice as it's probably overkill.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by miga a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
good cable with excellent quality I just
used it from preamp to power amp and find
it very warm (thick sound) good sound stage, with good bass too.

Purchased At:   Hong Kong

Submitted by Jongky Ku a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
My config:
Cary Audio Design CAD A-80