AudioQuest Type 6 Speaker Cables

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

High grade speaker cable

Submitted by Zoran Georgiev a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
There is very good reason why you shoud bay this cables.In this price range you can`t notice big difrence in sound detail, exspecily if you are jusing spiker`s like my B&W CDM 1 NT.

Purchased At:   2000

Submitted by Rick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Sound was fuller in the low mid to mid. Used with the Klipsch ksb 3.1 it made them sound far more detailed than the monster cable.

My first cables with spade lugs. I recommend torque real well and again after 72 hours to insure contact. I have bananas for the receiver and spades for the speakers purchased from Audio Advisor. Build quality apears excellent. I think it takes 10-15 hours of continious listening to break them in.

I am sure there are great cables for $500 a pair but my wife would have me commited for spending that much on cabling.

I see the Type 6 as a very rational purchase for the enthusiast looking for an audible upgrade on a budget.
System:
Klipsch Synergy ksb 3.1 speakers
Kenwood VR 209(better than you think)
AQ interconnects
Dennon disc Changer
MSB Technology Linc 24 bit digital to analog converter(DAC)

Submitted by Lindsay a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased this cable to run between my Yamaha 2092 and my Klipsch mains, and have to say I've really been glad that I did. It replaced some decent cable that I had, but not anything special. The Type 6 really opened up the sound, and made the Klipsch's sing! I'd recomment this cable to anybody looking for a good cable that doesn't cost several hundred or thousand bucks! Great stuff!

Type of surround speaker for Rear Center in 6.1

I can't find any info on what type of speaker to get when I go to 6.1 from 5.1. Should I get another Dipole/Bipole speaker like my surrounds...or should I get a center channel speaker (the typical W-T-W) because it's a rear CENTER channel? I have Phase Tech PC 3.1's for the fronts and center and P ... Read More »