AudioQuest Python Speaker Cables

4.82/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

Interconnect

Submitted by REH a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have always been a fan of Audioquest/Truth cables in my system, especially as source cables. I have used a set of Diamond X2's for some years but was not quite satisfied. I always thought they were slightly tipped up in the upper registries and the soundstage did not have as much depth as it was wide. The Python's initially seemed to solve both of these problems. Overall I think they are more musical and a little less analytical than the Diamonds were. I would definitely recommend these cables, especially at the current price of $190.00 for a 1/2 meter pair.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by adolf72160 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great cable, the overall volume of my systema increase significately, the soundstage is far more deep than my previous Diammondbacks, also there is more detail in the music, creating a truly soundstage.

Purchased At:   Local dealer

Submitted by Brent a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought two demo pairs of this cable to replace my AudioTruth Opal interconnects. They provide and tighter and more open sound. Overall I believe it truly brings out the best in my system. It is a bit expensive at retail, however. Although, I paid 1/2 of retail buying two demo pairs.

Purchased At:   Audio Waves

Submitted by Craig Fenemor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
In the context of my system I found the Python to be a revelation. Coming from a much cheaper Chord cable, the effortless sound that I now am getting is still surprising me. Very good bass control, good dynamics, fluid mids and detailed but not ringing tops. After being impressed by the next cable down, the Viper, the dealer suggested this and all that the Viper did this does more. Well worth an audition.

Arcam Alpha Plus CD
Naim Nait 3
Epos ES11's

Submitted by Anthony D. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are very good cables. Some of the first impressions I had when I hooked up these guys was that the sound stage got a lot wider and deeper. Better mide range and smoother more realistic highs. I've had these cables for about 2 weeks now and they are still breaking in but the more I listen to them the better they sound. AudioQuest has created another great product. Great Job Bill Low!

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi-Fi