AudioQuest Midnight 2 Speaker Cables

4.82/5 (11 Reviews)

Speaker Cable

Submitted by Rodolfo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have used these cables for more than 5 years. I stopped using them when I tried some Apature silver speaker cable of the same length. To tell the truth, I found them both good, with the silver a little less detailed and with a more controlled bass. I recently biwired my QR 1.6 magnaplanar speakers using both cables, the AQ for high and medium frequencies and the silver APATURE to drive low frequencies. The final result was magnificent. Never have I had so refines, detailed and natural sound in my house. The inverse AQ for low and silver for high is not as good. So, instead of throwing away your quality cable or hide them for years in your closet, biwire and see how a wide and natural window opens in front of your ears.

Since I use pure tube components ( Mesa Baron, Sonic Frontier SFL-2 and a Jolida CD player with two 12AX7 tuber) I have the liberty to do something some critics do not recommend: use triode mode with Magneplanars . For instance my Baron has an output of around 60 Wrms in triode, but since I biwired, the quality of the sound has improved greatly in all senses, so I have not used pentode mode for a long time.

The AQ Midnight are incredible, (and I say it in 2003). Time will make them better try the and you will realize how open, detailed, holographic they are.

By virtue of the high prices of Audioquest cables of today, I had better remain with them and save a good deal of money.

Purchased At:   Sonido Digital

Submitted by Topherocity a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I found this for an amazing deal used on ebay and will never need to buy another set of main speaker cables again. Well at least until I wear these out and when I do I'll want the exact same things again. I've built up a system that I am in love with and can sit in front of for hours whether it's listening to CD's or watching DVD's. Crystal clear sound, emphatic bass, completely full and rich sound that matches my system perfectly. I am so in awe of the upgrade that these cables performed on my system that I don't know how to fully describe it. If you find them, try them!!!!

My setup:
Nakamichi AV-2 (receiver)
Nakamichi MB-10s (CD changer)
NHT 1.1 bookshelf speakers (frontx2)
NHT 1C center channel
NHT SuperZero speakers (rearx2)
Velodyne FSR-12 Sub
Audioquest Midnight 2 cables (l/r)
Audioquest CV-4 cable (center)
HomeGrown Audio Super Silver DIY IC's
Sanus Systems stands

Submitted by Aznam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Systems used:-
Rega Planar 3 w/ RB300 arm & Elys cartridge
Rega CD Planet
Audible Illusions M3A w/ Gold phono board
Aragon 4004 MkII
Monitor Audio 20se

Submitted by Richard Speciale a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I traded my Rotel 810 amp for a Krell KAV-300i. Thought that would give me a lot more bass. Instead, the Krell gave me a moderate improvement. The Midnight 2 cables made the real difference. When I took the cheap cables off and put the midnights on, the room started shaking. The dynamics and detail were sweet. These cables let everything out of the amp to the speaker with high quality. That says it all.

My system:

Rega Planar3 turntable with Audiotechnica OC-9 cartridge
Vandersteen 2CE Floor standing speakers

Submitted by Bill Boudsamad a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
Can't go wrong!

Buy it second hand on ebay is good idea....

made my system sing beautifully:

Onkyo CD-1 ( top loading, top of line, available in Japan only)
Denon d/a
Carver pre-amp
Bryston 3B amp.
Acrotec 6N 99.9999% pure copper, RCA cable (Japanese)

60.0 WA BLACK: