AudioQuest CV-8 Speaker Cables

• 8 solid conductors for superior performance
  • Precise cable geometry
  • Dielectric-Bias System
  • Speaker cables with pre-attached banana plugs
  • Dielectric-Bias System

Submitted by Robert J. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2016

Bottom Line:
I hate to be redundant but in this case it is a pleasure to be doing so. The redundancy on my part is that I am in total agreement with all the other reviewers who are commenting positively on the CV-8 speaker cable by Audioquest. I bought this on a caprice when I saw it was on sale at Music Direct. I had no expectations of the cable and at $350 shipped for a six foot pair what could go wrong? If it was bad, I could return it and be ready to try something else. But that never happened. This cable is extraordinary! I gets oodles of detail but not at the expense of losing the overall feeling and musicality of whatever it is I happen to be listening to. I have these cables hooked up to some Dali Opticon 2 speakers (another great find). From this I get a very wide and deep soundstage, lifelike presentation, and a non-fatiguing performance. I guess the most amazing thing is this: I called a favorite hi end store of mine and asked what Audioquest cables they would recommend I use with my Dali speakers. I told the salesperson that I was willing to pay up to what amounted to five times what I paid for the CV-8. When the salesman asked what cable I was currently using, I told him the CV-8. "Keep it" he said. You can spend a lot more and not get much for it. I was shocked! Not only was this man not trying to glean a lot of money from me when he had the chance but he was telling me that the CV-8 was his personal favorite and one would have to spend thousands more to get a modest improvement, if that much. He recommended that I would bettered served upgrading interconnects for less than the speaker cable and I would see more improvement. I think his recommendation is the best testament that one could ask for where the Audioquest CV-8 is concerned. I am tempted to buy some more and save it for that "rainy day".
A highly recommended cable!

Submitted by mark a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2016

Bottom Line:
I too had Audioquest Gilbralter and tried the CV-8. I was blown away and also immediately sold the AQ Gibralter. Look for a deal on the CV-8. As of fFebruary 2016 you can land new pair for less $300-400 (Music Direct). I have had many speaker cables. These are neutral and engaging. Will not bleed you dry like the many costing hundreds more - you are not going to get all that much more.

Submitted by J.Giedt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2013

Bottom Line:
Wow what a clean open cable cv-8 discounted to as low as $ 325.00 this cable listed for around 800 depending on length . You wont be disappointed , great detail ,not over bright .

Submitted by ed holzer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have been using audioquest CV-8 on a small system in my study and more expensive Audioquest "Gibraltar" on a higher-endsystem in a large room (Thiel/shunyata/McCormack). Just out of curiosity some weeks ago, I switched them around.

The CV-8 in the bigger system absolutely blew me away! Not subtly better. Not a nuance of s difference.
But a major leap forward in almost every respect!!

I'm never going back. I'm selling the Gibraltar and buying a second set of CV-8. All of which proves (at least to me) that more expensive is not always better sounding!
Ed Holzer