AudioQuest CV-6 Speaker Cables

CV-6 might look like a normal round cable, but inside is a fully optimized combination of extraordinary materials and extremely refined design.

Conductors: All six of CV-6’s conductors are solid. Electrical and magnetic interaction between strands in a conventional cable is the single greatest source of distortion, often causing a somewhat harsh, dirty and confused sound. Solid conductors are the most important ingredients enabling CV-6’s very clear sound.

SST (Spread Spectrum Technology): Any single size or shape of conductor has a specific distortion profile. SST is a method for significantly reducing the awareness of these character flaws by using a precise combination of different size conductors.

Metal: CV-6’s PSC+ (Perfect Surface Copper+) and PSC (Perfect Surface Copper) have an astonishingly smooth and pure surface. For fifteen years, AudioQuest has pioneered the use of superior metals; yet even we were surprised by the huge leap in performance. PSC+ and PSC clearly outperform previous AQ metals that cost over ten times as much.

Geometry: The spiral construction of CV-6 allows for significantly better dynamic contrast and information intelligibility than if the same conductors were run in parallel. The Circular Array geometry used in CV-6 maximizes this advantage.

Submitted by Joey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
My review is on speaker cable compairing. Vs my cardas quadlink 5c
My first listening was i noitce they just cleaner than my cardas quadlink 5c (blue) not the old version blk I bought it on ebay for $225 for the used pair ...
Thsee reminded me of the anaconda speakers cable back five yrs ago when i use to own it.
On the bass was not bad .. On mid Its alot cleanner more focus natural on voices..
On top end very good clean and detail.
For a mid hifi home audio sound system from 2k-4k I recomended totally !
But if u have a bright reciever i dont recomended ...

System running on
Sony cx777es
Conrad preamp pv5 with phono
Coniencident and audioquest python rca interconnector
Parasound 1500II amp
Golden tube amp (40 pch)

Submitted by wpm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is a tentative review for the CV-6 DBS series cables (they are not fully broken in yet).

I am still freeking out over these cables, and have been ever since I swapped them over from my Cardas Quadlink 5Cs two weeks ago. The difference in sound quality between the Quadlinks and CV-6 DBS' was not subtle... these cables rock! The Link's are good, there's no doubt about it, but the CV-6 DBS' are just flat-out better.

Listen up, the CV-6 DBS' are dead quiet between instruments. I mean squeeky clean quiet. If you've ever wondered what reviewers mean't when they describe cables as "not being there," the CV-6s exemplify this.

With these cables in place I can actually hear how the sounds of wood instruments, like guitars, double basses, etc., comes into play, giving music that voluminous, empty-cavern effect that the hollows of wood instruments can give.

This is quite a startling revelation for me, having never been able to hear the difference between an Alverez or Martin guitar before. Tone. It's all about the tone, and these cables let the tones of individual instruments and voices shine through.

Another commendable trait of these cables is that they just sit back and get out of the way. They neither lend a sound quality of their own, nor take one away; they simply just let what's playing on the disc come through as it was intended. I use an integrated tube amp for all of my listening, so this translates into glorious mids that just melt in your mouth.

Everything seems to be more defined and real sounding with the CV-6 DBS' in place. And for once I am just enjoying the sounds of individual instruments and voices, in addition to the melodies and beat.

Everything else in the spectrum seems to be proportionately correct, too. Bass is neither blown-out nor weak, and it displays just the right amount of slam according to what's on the disc.

High frequencies are neither exaggerated or rolled off, and have just the right amount of sparkle and bite when the music calls for it.

To say I am impressed with these cables would be an understatment. Some very nice cables have graced my system over the last 20 years, including, but not limited to, examples from Cardas, LAT International, Kimber, Analysis Plus, Monster, and Tara Labs, to name but a few, but none of these cables has had such a profound effect on my listening pleasure as the AQ CV-6 DBS' have.

I can only say I am glad I took the chance on these cables, having read very little about them from the audio press. They have made a HUGE difference in the sound quality of my system, and will be with me for the long haul.

For the record, I am also using a pair of AQ King Cobra interconnects between my amp and CD player.

Purchased At:   Audiogon