AudioQuest Bedrock Speaker Cables

4.52/5 (21 Reviews) MSRP : $36.00

equivalent to double biwire of type 4 and cv4

Submitted by MrAcoustat a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
For me it is ALWAYS the best bang for the buck and the Audioquest Bedrock was in my system for a couple of years it was replaced only by cables much more expensive but again a best bang for the buck i ALWAYS buy used and when a deal come's along i go for it, i replaced my Bedrocks by Tara Labs Temporal Continuum ( list price $2,400.00 ) paid $500.00 yes they are over 20 years old BUT they where good back then and they are still good today a cable only gets BETTER with time, the Audioquest Bedrock is a very good cable for the money.javascript:document.PostReviewForm.submit()

Submitted by Capeman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
In my systm this cable has been wired in bi-wire configuration to run high quality bookshelf speakers on matching stands. At first the Bedrock seems vague with very little accuracy or depth. Given at least 80-100 hours it opens up superbly, giving high levels of detail and an excellent soundstage.

I listen to all styles of music spending much time in the jazz and rock genres, the Bedrock copes very well with all styles and would suit anyone who loves music with detail and solid bass.

This cable is not for those trying to hide their speaker wire, it is very thick and flexibility can prove an issue. It can be hard to self terminate into banana plugs but with patience you will achieve good results.

This cable is good value for money

6 metre cost $210 Aus

Submitted by daviethek a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
Purchased Audioquest Bedrock after a lot of experimentation with cheap but acceptable cable. ( Monster, Lower end Kimber, Axiom, radio shack, IXOS, and homemade). I was trying to find the best cheap cable and the only one that cought my attention after a great deal of experimentation was the Audioquest Type 4. It was good but still a bit lacking. I asked around and was told that when upgrading in audioquest products, go a couple of models up for noticeable differences. With this in mind I bought the Bedrock cable. It is a mid-level cable that quite frankly outshines all the cheap cable combinations I have tried. I never thought cable could make a critical listening difference but I was wrong and I don't regret this purchase. Bedrock starts out on the dark side and then grows in soundstage as it breaks in. What you hear is pretty much the music without a lot of sparkle. This is a good thing. the sparkle I am referring to is distortion which is present to some degree in the multi strand cables. I'm satisfied.

Purchased At:   audio advisor

Submitted by afan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
My wife had a long face when the cable arrived, almost $400. She was then disappear on the couch and listen to the music after the cable is in. I think I don't have to sell it back to eBAY like other cables.

Purchased At:   ebay-audioadvisor

Submitted by lidoma a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
I tried a lot during the last ten years and finally I find AQ! What a sound this cables produce! I tried Bedrock and Gibraltar but did not find Gibraltar that much better to pay a lot more for it.
The cable has a smooth presentation and does everything just right. If you looking for a cable with a overall perfect performance try this one for sure.
I also tried Monitor Black&White LS-1202 and The Revolution from van den Hul but the did not make it in my system.
The sound I now have with all my AQ cables is what i was looking for.
This cable is much more worth I think.
One reviewer has given 1 point for it. Well this must be someone with hearingproblems!!!

Purchased At:   audioadvisor

Speaker cable: Cobalt or AQ Bedrock?

I am down to these two. The Cobalt is 10 AWG and the AQ bedrock is 12 AGW price difference for a 10 foot pair is about $20.00. Which would you choose??Read More »

Audioquest BedRock Speaker Cables

I know I'll probably get blasted for these comments, but lately I have been using the less expensive Audioquest (Type2/4) or Monster speaker cables if I wasn't just using zip chord (I also have some home-made ribbon & Cat 5 cables). A colleague of mine at work is selling a pair of used 12' Audio ... Read More »

audioquest bedrock for nautilus 803 and krell

I want to buy a loudspeaker cable. I have B&W Nautilus 803 and Krell 400xi. I am thinking of audioquest bedrock. What do you think. Thanks in advance for your reply.Read More »