AudioQuest Argent Speaker Cables

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought a demo pair of Argent cables for $350, this was $550 less than retail. They made all the difference in my system. Everything got better from top to bottom. Most noticable the enhanced imaging, and smoother bass response from my Paradigm Studio 60's. At $900 a pair I would have stuck it out with my Type 4 had i not got a deal. The truth is these cables bring out everything the system has to offer whether good or bad, but I cant justify paying retail, however they were worth every penny of my $350. I am extremly happy.. Also use Audioquest Quartz interconnects, with a full Parasound amp/pre-amp/cd

Submitted by Jim Koukodimos a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Lets face it cables are hyped up and over priced,but these do make a difference.The combination of Functionally Perfect Silver and 6 nines pure copper ,bring out what is in the recording.Just remember that it is horses for courses,If you have hi-end equipment every link in the chain is important.
These cables do bring out every detail in there.

Submitted by Juergen Sachweh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
The top-to-bottom presentation of the music in my system (Plinius Power Amp SA 100 and Audio Physik Avanti) is really satisfying - no, more than that - I love the music coming through this perfect cable - I enjoy it and that means with my brain and my soul.

Submitted by Harry a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 7, 1998

Bottom Line:
Just picked up a 10 ft pair of this cable. Compared to my previous Wireworld Polaris I, this cable outperforms it in every conceivable areas, from soundstaging to bass control. It is a dynamic and transparent cable and it truly deserves the accodales accorded to it by Stereophile. They really make my pair of Hales Revelation 3 sing. Highly recommended if anyone is in the market for a pair.

Argent

With an effort to review some ARGENT music I used to listen to about 100 years ago, I bought "Argent Encore - Live In Concert".............it looked very promising with all the old favorites listed in the contents. This CD is awful. Bad pitch and technique -- missed cues -- choppy rythyms - ... Read More »

60.0 WA BLACK: