Audio Magic Spellcaster Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by apollo artists a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2007

Bottom Line:
I had them do staging and sound for Marshall Tucker for me in Wilmington,De. They did a pro job. Great sound and no issues. A carefree ,no worry ,take care of everything production wise job. I am an ex soundman and probably more critical than most.

Purchased At:   spellcaster

Submitted by David Rowe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had high hopes for the Spellcaster, considering I own and really like the budget Presto and have auditioned the next one up, Sorcerer. However, I found the Spellcaster quite disappointing. It had none of the smooth, warm listenability of the Presto. Instead it seemed flat and hard. And none of the Sorcerer's soundstage magic or detail. It's also no match for another interconnect which costs less, the MIT 330+ II. The MIT is much more detailed, more dimensional (real) and is more laid back and liquid. However, it is leaner and a touch brighter than the Spellcaster. And the champ of them all, the Cardas Golden Cross, has soundstage and imaging that has to be believed to be heard. For the price, the Spellcaster was not a very good sounding interconnect, consistently flat and hard. This, by the way, was after 3 weeks continual playing, so burn-in could not have been an issue. I would buy the Presto over the Spellcaster any day.

Purchased At:   HCM Audio.com

Submitted by Martin Leach a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
these SpellCasterIIs were extremely well behaved & generated a very forgivingly musical sound over every frequency & few more at each end (bass & treble) that you didn't know was encoded in your CDs. These too exhibited that characteristicly forgiving AudioMagic "sound" that made my CDs sound like audiophile vinyl played on a high-end turntable & pre-preamp.

I could've been very happy with these until I heard the Sorcerers. These not only shown the detail but its image was considerably more stable & dynamic. Not only that, but each speaker generated depth on its own. Corporately the result was nothing less than miraculous. Stereophonic holography was never so stunningly vivid. I don't dare try the Illusions.

Submitted by eko marcua a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
Just got it. Replaced my JPSLab Superconductor+ speaker cables with my new toy. After 6 hours, the sound start to sweeten my ears.
Compare to my JPS these Audio Magic Spellcaster produce better low end freq, the bass is just tighter with kick to the heart. The mid or vocal from JPS a bit better. The airiness or I could say the brightness from JPS reduced a bit. I can say spellcaster is warmer than JPS.
Overall, this is an excellent cable. A true contender for the best cables in the market. I just wish I could have the money to spend on those sorcerer or illusion class. 5 stars.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Gord Mitchell a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
in one word UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! A couple of months ago, I was scanning the web for new cables. As I was a long time Audioquest user, I naturally went immediately to the Audioquest categories and selected some cables. The salesman from the company stated that he had some great cables on closeout and that I would be more impressed with these cables than anything else in their price range. Wow was he right! I placed these cables between the amp and the preamp. What a change. The bass is deeper and more extended. The highs are extended as well without being forward. The whole soundstage became wider and deeper. I have to work on between the CD and Pre-amp. My choice Audio Magic. I'm a believer- hope there are still some on closeout, but if not they are still worth it.

Premier Mounts: