Analysis Plus Black Oval 9 Speaker Cables

Oval 9 is a massive 9 gauge speaker cable capable of handling deep bass notes played at high volume.

Submitted by Desertmadness a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have found the Analysis Plus Oval 9 (Black Mesh) to be the most musical speaker cables that I have had in my system. Their Forte is a luxurious rich full natural organic sounding midrange which complemented my Zu Druid speakers nicely (which although warm, needed a touch more warmth offered by the Oval 9). Also, the bass is very strong and tight and they have nice highs that are delicate and shimmer without sounding harsh or too forward.

In my system (Zu Druid Speakers with Almarro 318B Amp) the Oval 9 have produced a sound in my system which slightly bested my previous best of all speaker cables, the Acoustic Zen Satori. They sound a little more rich natural and warmer in the mids than the Satori to me, and although they give up just a little shimmer in the highs to the Satori (there is always a tradeoff), they still sound beautifully detailed without sounding dead (like some lower rung MIT cables I once had) or a little hard and dry like some anti-cable that I had.

In my system and by my ears, the Analysis Plus Black oval nine are of the most musical speaker cables around for the price. A friend of mine who also has Oval 9 speaker cables, says that they come very close to the sound of his Transparent Ultra XL cables. Close enough by his ears that that the extra cost of the Transparent Ultra XL Cables didn't seem to justify the small improvement in sound gotten with the Transparent Cables.

Premier Mounts: