Acoustic Research Master Series Fiber Optic Cable Speaker Cables

Submitted by Aaron Holman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I went into HHgregg for the first time and I saw these odd looking containers scattered about the store. They were Acoustic Research Master Series cables!

I use AR HT cables now, which in my opinion are far better then anything Monster Cable makes. And they are cheaper as well. I know there are very, very pricey and well deserved cables out there but spending thousands of dollars on a cable just doesn't seem logical when you could put that $$ towards something else that would surely improve your theatre more then a cable might.

Anyways, I read some reviews at other sites and was intrigued. I went back to the store a few days later and bought the 6ft Toslink and the Master Series 10 gauge speaker cable :o).

I immediately heard a difference when just swapping the Toslinks. Ofcourse I'll let it break in but it already sounds more airy and natural.

THe cable itself is very thick, I assume its shielding is superb. And I know noone sees the cables but it is beautiful!

I highly recommend these Master Series, and for those that still run out and waste money on Monster Cable, PLEASE let your ears be the judge, do your own review.

My Equipment:

Pioneer SD-53HD5 53" HDTV
Pioneer ELiTE VSX-29TX Receiver
Pioneer ELiTE DV-05 DVD PLayer
Pioneer ELiTE PF-17 CD Changer

Definitve Technology BP30's for Mains and Surrounds
Definitve Technology CLR 2000 Center channel
Definitve Technology PF15TL+ Subwoofer

Acoustic Research Master Series Speaker Cable and Interconnects all around :o)

And my XboX for kick butt gaming!!

Purchased At:   HHGregg