Acoustic Research HT130 Speaker Cables

Acoustic Research Audio Cable - HT130/ 3 Feet Long/ RCA To RCA Cable

Submitted by jackz4000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
I'm a bit skeptical about some things. I did a little research and thought I would try these cables out. These are the AR Pro Series II Ht130 cables. Gray colored, very thick cable with gold plate rca's. They are very well constructed cables, although I am sure there are better, but not at the price I paid. I replaced my Rat Shack cables and I could easily see a big difference in quality between the two. However I was not expecting to hear a big difference. I was wrong on that. The difference was clearly audible. CD's did have a better noticeable clarity across the sound spectrum. Bass was improved, midrange cleaner, and high's dramatic. I was not really expecting to hear a big difference...so a pleasant surprise for me. I am giving it a 5 and 5 for performance and for value, realizing the cable usually retails at $27. At $2 its a 5.5.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Spicaman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this cable just to prove Echo Audio's claim to be just another crock. OH WELL!! All the claims about this very inexpensive cable are true!It is breathtaking to say the least! I use it between my Njoe Tjoeb 4000 (W/627 op amps & '60s Amperexes)& an Audio Research LSII mkII. The result is MUSIC! Very detailed,great image,not a trace of harsness & a degree of harmonic texture that will drop your jaw. Wife thought I had bought another component....You get the idea, a hugh improvement for NO money!

Purchased At:   Audiogon