Siltech SPX 20 Power Cables

Submitted by Juan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
Beware: I'm no expert on mains cables. After almost 10 years I lived with a German HMS Energia mains cables and a lonesome Siltech SPO 18 g3, feeding my gryphon integrated amp. Four years ago I got another SPO 18. And later an SPX 20 and then I added three SPX 20 more to my system. Presently, all my cables are quite old Siltech stuff bought second hand. I'm quite satisfied. Some classical recordings (like Bach's " well tempered clavier" version by R. Tureck or E. Gilel's live rendition of Beethoven piano sonatas) are finally musical and sound almost alive in my poor ears. I can conjecture that there are much better mains cablesr. Simply, I've got no chance of hearing them, living in a remote place and counting dimes to hardly improve my gear. What I can say is this: This Siltech SPX 20 is the best main cable I ever heard. and I obtained an immediate improvement in sound. Combined with my siltech 4-56, 80g3, 88g5 or 330g7 and LS 110g5, I stopped to think about sound and simply went into pure music.

Product model year:   2008