JPS Labs Digital AC Power Cord Power Cables

THE DIGITAL AC by JPS Labs was designed specifically for digital based audio gear. It effectively shields and eliminates digital hash and noise present from external sources, from electrical equipment, computers, etc. within the home itself, and a digital audio units own noise (in abundance in all digital based components).

Submitted by wouterk a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
I had to be convinced about the use of a dedicated main cable in my system. I tried one of the Nordost offerings and concluded: it makes a difference, buut I prefer my system without it!
The JPS cable is a differnt kettle of fish all together: I used it with my main source - Copland289 CD player and it made me a convert - this cable is worth every penny!

Submitted by Bob Boyd a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
The last thing I would have believed would make such a dramatic difference was a power cable. But after trying JPS Superconductor Balanced FX interconnects and a JPS Power AC+ on my Bryston 4B SST amp, I have continued to be impressed with JPS's products.

I am a mastering engineer and have been going through my system lately just making sure that nothing is getting in the way of a great monitoring environment. Before plugging in the Digital AC to my Weiss DAC1 A/D converter, I listened very closely with my stock power cable to a project I had just finished mixing and mastering because I expected the difference (if there was any) to be slight. I was wrong. From the first guitar note, I noticed an openness and realism. Any harshness in the system calmed down and the system became even smoother. I found myself wanting to turn up the volume because it was so easy to listen to! If you can imagine the top and mid smoothing out but gaining a sense of detail and speed, that's what I felt.

I don't know what Joe at JPS is up to, but this most unlikely component proved to be a huge improvement.

Purchased At:   Galen Carol Audio