Cardas Audio Golden Power Cord Power Cables

4.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $330.00

Submitted by egineer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I JUST PURCHASED TWO GOLDEN POWER CORDS AND ALSO A CROSS AND QUADLINK CORDS. I ONLY HAVE THEM FOR JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW BUT WHAT I'M HEARING FROM THEM IS VERY DETAILED AND CLEAR SOUND. THEY HAVE MADE INPROVMENT IN MY AMPLIFERS. I'M USING ONE B&K 200.3 REF. FOR MY FRONT SOUNDSTAGE AND A B&K ST3140 FOR REAR SPEAKERS. THE SOUND HAS CHANGED DRAMATICALLY SINCE I CONNECTED THE CARDIAS POWER CORDS TO THEM.
ANYONE LOOKING FOR NEW POWER CORDS FOR THERE SYSTEM SHOULD DIFFENTILY GIVE THIS POWER CORDS A TRY BEFORE PURCHASING ANY OHTER CORDS. YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT THIS CORDS CAN DO. (BANG,WOO!!!)

P.S. THEY PUT THOSE CORDS THAT COME WITH THE UNIT TO TOTAL SHAME. IMAGINE THERE MADE IN CHINA. NOT IN THE GOOD OL' USA.

Purchased At:   hifi farm

Submitted by Ivan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very sweet yet analytical PC. It make the vocal range and mid-bass sound powerful and charming. Add a wonderful smoothing touch to every recorded song. As the PC is still under breaking in, the sound improve now and then and background is more quiet with absolutely no grain. It doesn't make the treble soft but make it more focus and silky.

However, to put in at a wrong place can yield mix and match problem. I tried it with my CEC TL2X CD transport, it sounds less as good as Gutwire G Clef and tonal balance is not optimized. The overall sound is too much colored and sound too artifical. Now I put it on my CEC DX71 DAC and it works perfect.

Before buying this one I had tried a AB comparison with the golden reference (latest model) which sounds OK on its own but not very Cardas. Golden Reference is too airy but not sweet at vocal and does not retain the strength of Cardas. For those who has a dull sound gear with insufficient clarity at the hi, the new model will work better. For those who has a very hi-fi gear already and want to civilize the music a bit, this Golden PC should be better.

Purchased At:   Hong Kong

Submitted by michel lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
very good as a power cable ..... .....

it is for my CD player .....

Sound became strong and pure ......

It is highly recommend !

Purchased At:   HK

Submitted by F.A. Gunawan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
Actually I want to make a review for Cardas Golden Reference power cord, but I do not find it here, so I make a review in Cardas Golden power cord (older type if you compare to Cardas Golden Reference power cord).
Before using this cable, I do not belief that power cord can influence the sound of an audio system. But when I change all standar NAD power cord with Cardas Golden Reference power cord, suddenly the sound of my audio system become more open, transparant,and clear. Also the sound stage become deeper and the bass become more solid.So, before you buy other more expensive power cord, please try this one. Cardas produce a very good (natural)cable with resonable price.
I use this power cord with NAD Silver Series (CD player S-500, Preamp.S-100, and power amp S-200), Speaker B&W N 805, Sub.Velodyne SP1200, Cardas Golden Reference and Madrigal CZ1 interconnects, and Speaker Cable Monster M2.4s.

Purchased At:   San Audio, Mangga Dua Mall,Jakarta