Acoustic Zen El Nino Power Cables

The El Nino internal construction is as follows: El Nino metallurgy employs our Zero Crystal copper.The dielectric and insulation material is of CL3 and FT4 specification, we have incorporated our Constant Air-Twisting geometry in the design of the El Nino. Just as in the Tsunami power cord, the El Nino is double shielded to help eliminate the amount of EMI and RF that plagues the power coming into our systems. The total gauge of the El Nino is 12awg Plus, which is more than substantial in powering Dacs,Transports, Pre-Amps and some of the lower wattage amplifiers.

Submitted by peterl69 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have both Acoustic Zen El Nino power cables and Acoustic Zen Tsunami power cables and actually prefer the sound of the more budget priced Zen El Nino. Both are warm sounding yet the El Nino seems to allow a little more detail through than the very dynamic Zen Tsunami cables oddly enough.

The Zen cables balance the sound of my system in a warmer richer direction. However, if they seem to warm your system too much and you want a clearer more extended sound, a very good cable is the Mac Sounpipe HC (silver plated). Either one of these cables do a great job of tuning your system. I personal mix the two, having one to my amp and the other to my DAC and CD player.

Believe it or not, power cords easily change the sound of your system as much as interconnects will. Two thumbs up for both the Acoustic Zen El Nino and the Mac Soundpipe HC power cables in the high quality yet budget gear catagory. Although as mentioned, they both differ in the way they tip the sound of your system and both sound great.

BLG CP024: