Kimber Kable Silver Streak Interconnect Cables

4.41/5 (39 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

Silver/Copper Braided Interconnect

Submitted by Posterone a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
sweet highs full mids

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by oldschoolADS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
Just stunning is all i can say...I didnt expect to hear much of a difference over my Kimber Heros. Amazing. As another reviewer put it:

"The SilverStreak is a lot better that Hero, a lot. I found Hero adding more "brass" and mids boosting than SilverStreak (isn't it strange ?). I found SilverStreak smoother, with more and easy detail unlocking than Hero plus a warmth that is really a must when found in Silver cables. Better 3D soundstage, better and natural mid-range and clarity."

This is exactly right on...mid bass got dialed back a bit but the soundstage just blooms. Very Neutral and the highs are just so much more detailed. Just makes me want to scream at the detractors who say cables are a waste of money. I'm listening to Girl in the Other Room by Dianne Krall over and over just because its now so vivid. I also couldnt get Mozart's Marriage of Figaro. Female vocals connoisseur here.

Now here's a surprise...this is all on my car system. Trust me I dont do my critical listening on the freeway, but it wouldnt matter. My car system would embarass many home systems being the SQ freak that I am. Its all old school Alpine and ADS. Alpine 7909 head unit, Alpine 5959s 20 bit burr brown Changer, ADS 325is separates and two ADS PQ20 old school pure SQ amps. Dynamat'd floor, ceiling and doors. I ran the Silver Streaks from the 5959s Changer to the head unit and have Kimber Heros running from the head unit to the two amps.

Submitted by uback007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
All I can say is, WOW! I have a modest system, consisting of Cambridge Audio components: 640A integrated amp - 540D Universal Player- Shunyata Venon Power Cables and by upgrading to the Silver Streaks from Nordost Blue Heavens, I must say its the single most noticeable tweak I have ever heard. Crystal clear presentation, sparkle treble and huge change to the soundstage. I'm hooked! The 540D player I got off of Audiogon awhile back has blossomed from adding these interconnects that cost what I paid for this player. Yes, that sounds crazy but it sounds incredible. Highly recommended and very much worth shelling out the extra dough for.

Purchased At:   Audiogon.com

Submitted by garyfran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
I can only give a slighty right wing veiw having mostly kimber throughout but what i do have to say is if you use this product throughout your system is is true it will higlight the weaknesses in your system be it bad or good but they tell the truth

Purchased At:   russ andrews

Submitted by paulthompson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent interconnect well worth an audition at this price ($300 NZD). Rated consistently amongst Stereophiles Top 500 recommended components (October 2005). Most notably this has been included for the last 3 years amongst only 20 or so nominations. I opted for this over Kimbers KS 1011 select series at $637 NZD. I felt it was significantly better all round during the audition although a touch leaner in the base department.

An excellent buy for the money. I would highly recommend this.

Purchased At:   Soundline Audio