Kimber Kable KCAG Interconnect Cables

• Tri-braid field geometry
  • Hyper-pure silver
  • Varistrand™
  • Teflon™ dielectric
  • Terminated with WBTâ RCA or “studio grade” XLR type with silver plated contacts

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
    I've been a kimber fan for over a decade. Had the 4TC speaker wires back in highschool and since upgraded to the fantastic monocle. Tried other interconnects over the years but have always come back to kimber kcag. Excellent sound from top to bottom. Tried dh labs new silver interconnect (excellent holographic presentation, but sounded veiled compared to the kcag). The bass doesn't have as much weight as the dh labs but much more defined. The midrange is good, but the highs are simply delightful. Haven't upgraded from kcag to Kimber's Select 1030 interconnect yet, but why?

Submitted by gianluca pieri a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
    cavo analogico kimberkable kcag 0,5 mt.
    Il mio impianto è cosi'composto:
    lettore cd: rotel rcd 991
    pre:rotel rc 1070
    finale:rotel rb 1070
    diffusori:proac studio 125
    cavi: diffusori:ab cable energy 2;pre-finale:audioquest phyton 1 mt.
    lettore cd-pre:kimber kcag.
    Dopo aver usato per due anni come cavo di connessione tra pre e cd l'audioquest phyton e tra pre e finale un kimber kable hero,devo dire con grande soddisfazione, ho deciso di acquistare il kcag per migliorare l'immagine sonora, che a mio parere, rimaneva poco profonda.
    all'inizio ho usato il kcag tra pre e finale, ottenendo un miglioramento sensibile di tutti i parametri sonori, ma poi, inserendolo tra cd e pre, ho ottenuto un suono veramente da primato:
    assolutamente naturale e nello stesso tempo molto preciso e cristallino; l'immagine è molto più profonda di prima,
    ma anche più larga e alta: mai avrei creduto di riuscire ad ottenere un tale miglioramento da un impianto che pensavo di avere già sviluppato abbastanza:
    anche se la spesa non è da poco, la resa del mio cd player ora è doppia rispetto a prima: cambiando il mio cd player ed avendo aggiunto 370 euro, non avrei acquistato un cd player con queste stupende caratteristiche.
    Consiglio questo cavo a chiunque abbia un impianto che lo meriti.

Purchased At:   buscemihifi, milano

Submitted by hartl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
    Brake-in period is over...I must admit that comparing it to my Monster's reveal quite a difference. I don't know if that difference is worth $300, but I would suppose so. Actually, in direct comparison, the Monster's had a bigger soundstage, and the KCAG's sounded somewhat flat and 2D in comparison. But you gain some/loose some--everything is coherent, beautifully presented. Many veils have been removed from the music. Liquid, detailed yet not harsh highs, deep and tight bass--nice cable.

Purchased At:   Stereo Exchange

Submitted by hartl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
    I literally just got this cable home and gave it a brief listening session (the salesman reccomended 200-500 hours of break-in time for silver cables, and I've given it about 15 minutes, so I will post a follow up review after that period). Before buying this cable I owned cheap Monster cabling, and was as much of a skeptic as one can be concerning the difference cabling makes. When I got these babies home, I was immediatley stunned at the cosmetics--I opened up the freakin' jewelery box case, and was amazed; the gold, locking connectors. The braided silver cable strands--this is a true work of art. So I plugged them in, AND...a ridiculously small improvement. Granted, I will write another review after hundreds of hours of music has been ran through them, but I was at least expecting a minimal improvement over my Monsters to make me excited. What I did notice was that the cymbals sounded more brassy and shimmering, and that the vocals were slightly more present and less cloudy. The bass was the same as before, but the highs were slightly more detailed, yet rolled off at the top--smooth and liquid sounding, and not as harsh. But seriously, these differences are not blaring at all--they are so minimal that I may even be imagining it, desperately trying to convince myself that I didn't just flush hundreds of dollars down the drain. Just to be fair I'll give them plenty of break-in and listen again, but how much of a difference could breaking in make? A $300 difference? I am glad that I now have the peace-of-mind that my components have the highest-quality signal transfer, and once I get the Kimber 8TC biwire cabling, I'm sure the enhancements the pair makes will become more clear. I currently have Harman Kardon components, but I am in the process (and very close) to buying an Arcam set-up. I'm sure once these higher-quality components are set up, everything will start to make sense, and I won't feel ripped off.

Purchased At:   Stereo Exchange

Submitted by diky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
    fabolous wire! transparent,emotionaly seductive,liquid(in my system)with great speed & midrange.
    this wire will shine in good SET system with Full range speakers!(45 or 2A3 tube)

TARA LABS: