AudioQuest Sidewinder Interconnect Cables

3.85/5 (13 Reviews)

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Submitted by Andrew a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I too have sold audioquest cables. Sidewinder is a great budget cable. The difference it makes to cheap cables is huge. I WAS shocked to find the difference comparable to a new source. I love the balance of audioquest in general. It is smooth and natural,good bass and increased depth and focus. There are no nasties in this cable. No tipped up balance or increased highs and no thiness.Anyone who says audioquest is bright is hearing problems in the system that is not the cable.Great cable and a safe bet for most systems.I just laugh at people that say cables make no difference...

Submitted by Ronnie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have been working with AUDIOQUEST for more than 10 years. Generally
I would say that their analog interconnects contribute mainly to the stereo imaging
and sound clarity as well as to bandwidth and channel seperation. Speaker
cables are also producing wonderfull performances specially when you work with large three way and more floor standers .

Purchased At:   israel

Submitted by kaykay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2006

Bottom Line:

in general stay away from audio quest

we used to be their dealers here in asia, but
after we realy compared to even ordinary
copper wire, what this Sidewinder did to
the sound, after that, we not only threw it away but
cut it up into tiny pcs and stopped
selling audioquest.

more than a decade ago, this co used to make sense.
today, they dont care to listen to their own products.

any other wire, even radio shack
might be better for most systems
than buying this mistake of a wire.

we strongly recommend straightwire,
monster, and many other healthier brands
and some homegrown stuff too.
compare and see...
even a T amp will tell you this much difference.

take care
k

Purchased At:   some hi fi store

Submitted by biliescu a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
Absolutely amazing value. For the money you pay for them (even if it's not a great eBay deal) they deliver a lot of the audiophile goodies. They produced a great upgrade to my sound to a quite larger extent than I ever expected. Beautiful soundstage, extremely clear and detailed reproduction of the very difficult mid-range, very crisp and well-defined highs; they reproduce the reach harmonics of human voice or "difficult instruments" (piano, cello, some wind instruments) beautifully. The allow a lot of air (the solo violins are a treat) in my system, so I have to disagree with one of the reviewrs. The most impressive result in my system was the way these cables handle the lower frequencies. Amazin! Tight, wel-defined, round yet not at all muddy.
If you're on a budget and are shopping for an entry-level audiophile cable this one will make you more than happy. I know now that I have to spend a lot in order to make as a significant an improvement as I did with the Sidewinders. Do not be afraid. These are very good cables from a very respectable maker. And they look very profy too.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Jim VD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2006

Bottom Line:
I just wanted to change the sound of my system this time around and bought a couple of pairs of Sidewinder. I normally use Tributaries SCA 300, Kimber PBJ.

I would say these sound very open and have a sharp midrange, which mates well with my Mirage system. They have better bass than the twice as expensive Kimber PBJ's as well.

Overall, I like them enough to leave them in for awhile.. They are a bargain. Well made too.

SFLAT: