Acoustic Zen I-1010X Silver Reference Interconnect Cables

A top-of-the-line pure silver single-ended and balanced interconnect that achieves unrivaled resolution of fine and low level audio details with extraordinary signal coherence across the entire audio spectrum - matchless musical reproduction with stunning imaging, tonal nuance, and dynamic power.

Submitted by fjoggedelic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
After a long journey in getting the "right" cables for my system i upgraded my AZ Matrix Ref to the Silver Ref between my Rega Saturn CD and Lavardin IT Amplifier, and with great results. I still use the Matrix, but now between my Rega Eos Riaa(the 2010 model) and the IT. The Matrix cables sounds a litlle bit darker than the Silver, so if you`re upgrading from Matrix to Silver, you better get used to a more "treble" sound, but they indeed offering much more details and great midrange. I recently upgraded my hole system with new cables, and it`s all Acoustic Zen now. The Silver was the last cable to hit my system, and after a burn in time for at least 50 hours or so, it began to sound perfect for me. I still haven`t decieded whatever i should use the Silver between the CD and amplifier or between the Riaa and amplifier, but i`m deffently keeping the cable. I think AZ offers very much for the money, and is proberbly the best value for money. Iv`e tried alot of different cables before buying the AZ. Some of the cables was 3 times the cost, but didn`t sound better. Iv`e tried Harmonic Tech, Lavardin and Danish Dyrholm cables, but every time i was getting back to AZ cables.
The Silver Ref offers a lot for the money and is the best cables out there for the money, i can only think of one cable there is better, and it`s the Absolute from AZ, but it cost the double.
My other cables used in this review is. AZ Satori Shotgun, Lavardin Power Chords, AZ Matrix Ref and Supra Main block! My system is Lavardin IT, Jean Marie Reynaud: Orfeo, Rega Saturn, Rega Eos, Rega P7 with Exact pu!

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by two toes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
I'm not a technical type. I moved from Kimber Silver Streaks
to Acoustic Zen Silver Ref II. IMO the AZ's are much better.
Take 'A Farewell To Kings - Rush'. My vinyl version of this
recording trounces the Re-Mastered CD version. Now with the
Silver Ref II's in the mix... things are a whole lot closer. You'll
have to take this with a grain of salt... modern CD recordings
were full sounding with the Silver Streaks and comparable ICs.
But with vintage CD recordings ie: 'Sleepwalker - The Kinks'...
the music was muffled here and rolled off there. The AZ's bring
the sound of these recordings up to a higher level... not quite
vinyl... but within range.

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
One of the best cable around. Sounds nice. HIghs are extended without being harsh. The mids are to die for and the bass is accurate and tight. I have replaced all my NOrdost cables for these cable and I am so happy with the results. I have owned Kimber select, NOrdost, Tara labs, Monster cables, and straightwire cables and so far this are my favorite. Listen without fatigue and surprising details.

Purchased At:   brett interiors

Submitted by mumffy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
Like many in this hobby, I often found myself asking the question: What is the weakest link in the system? For a long time, that answer was the cables. When I installed two pairs of the Silver reference II between my cdp and preamp and preamp and amp I knew I had found what I was looking for. These cables offer brilliant insight into the music without sounding harsh or bright. Silver cables can often sound "zippy" but these cables do not have that affliction, they just let the music through. They serve up the entire frequency spectrum in a way that makes the music much more lifelike.
They do need to be broken in for a while to sound their best. I would say at least 100 hours. They are so much better than the comparably priced Transparent cables I had before and on a different planest compared to the audioquest and monster stuff

Associated Equipment:
Shunyata power cords

Purchased At:   Vineyard Sound

Submitted by NY1PR2002 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
In this world of "High End" Interconnects cables there are many great Interconnects starting from Monster M series,Harmonic Technology,Tara Labs,Audioquest,Straightwire, XLO,Cardas,Kimber,MIT,Synergistic Research,Wireworld and many others all the way to the Nordost Valhalla.Many of these Interconnects have their own characteristics and will sound different from one system to another.They all sound great but were one pair will have the tendency to "excel" in one area of sound another cable will have what the other one is lacking of.It will be very hard to find a pair of Interconnects that will own and carry all of the many attributes that makes a pair of interconnects "ASTOUNDING AND REMARKABLE".Well that's where Acoustic Zen's Silver Reference II Interconnects comes in.These are the most complete Interconnects in the market today in sound and body. It will take someone very special and very knowlageble in the aspect of sound reproduction to be able to make a cable so remarkable that it will blow the competition hands down and that person is non other that the Highly Regarded Acoustic Zen's chief designer and owner Mr. Robert Lee.He is a genious at what he does best and that is making cables that will give you the most natural and real sound reproduction that no other cables will be able to reproduce.
The Silver ReferenceII Interconnects are the best-sounding audio cables ever created.These cables will convey the majesty and power of a concert hall orchestra and at the same time preserving the sensual intimacy of solo vocals.The Silver Reference will bring out a more extended and open sound throughout the spectrum with astounding vibrancy and trasparency.The music flows without impediment.It is extremely detailed,smooth,extended,neutral and authoritative.It is so clear and natural you have the sensation of having every instrument and vocal be present before you.In my many Audiophile years of listening to so many interconnects and many costing three times more than the Silver Reference I have not found one pair that will own the same attributes as these astounding interconnects. Many high end magazines in their reviews of interconnets have compared the Silver ReferenceII to sound either better or equal to the highly acclaimed Nordost Valhalla. Trust me I used to owned a pair of the Valhalla and don't get me wrong ther are trully excellent Interconnects but they just didn't bring out the transparency and detail with the clarity and realism as the Silver ReferenceII.If you want to own the best and most complete pair of Interconnects in your system buy the Silver ReferenceII from Acoustic Zen. They are truly the State of the Art in Interconnects. My Complete Audio System uses only Acoustic Zen Cables and for a very Good reason.They are by far the most complete cables in the industry giving you the best performance you will ever hear from any other cables.That's why many Audiophiles choose the cables as their "Reference" cables in their system. I happen to be one of those Audiophiles.
Thank you for reading my review about these wonderful Interconnects.

Purchased At:   Acoustic Zen