B&W Signature 805
Description: Technically, improvements to the bass/midrange driver have lowered distortion and, combined with a re-tuning of the Flowport, bestowed a more agile bass performance. Midrange transparency is notably improved, not only through the driver's lower distortion, but also with improved crossover components.

Submitted by fde a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
announcer really low in detail and transparency, lack of dynamics, aggressive has high volume.
really too expensive for the value,
beautiful finish , but plastic tweeter.
not really comparison with other speaker of same price

Submitted by starguygwb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have replaced my B&W 602s2's in my ht set up with the 805s. At first I thought, oh man did I just pay all of that for this(sounded JUST as good as my 602s) but I would leave them on while at work and within a week they just started singing. Sound stage opened up, speakers disapeared with the better recorded disc's. My brother says they sound sweet, crisp and clear with voices. My sister inlaw think they are nice looking. I myself think they are one of the sharpest looking speakers out there. I'm trying to decide if I want another pair for a complete surround system or get a pair of 804s for the mains. I just bought a Martin Logan Grotto sub and this combo sounds so full, I'm not sure I want to spend an extra grand for the 804s. I also wanted to say that I'm using rotel gear and my pre-amp, amp combo seem to be enough power for them(5x120w@8ohms). Although I've heard others say you need some top notch gear to drive them well, I am curious what a bigger amp might do for them. It seems I got these cheaper than what they were not even three months ago, it looks like these will be the bottom pick in the 800 line now.I could be wrong about this though.

Purchased At:   Avio Inc.

Submitted by jrhymeammo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is a bookshelf type of speak, but it is loudspeaker worthy.
Just stunning.
Well suited for Jazz and Classical music, but it can handle every thing.
Bit pricy but it is worth every penny.

Purchased At:   Local Hifi

Submitted by bonesetter2004 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
After buying a pair of CDM-1NT B&W's a couple of years ago i have fast tracked through some of the B&W range, first going onto CDM-7NT's (very well balanced with good bass punch), and then onto CDM-9NT's which i have sold because of their brash and uncomfortable sound.
i was at my wits end to get the 9NT's sounding right, when i home demoed a pair of 805 siggys. needless to say i was very quickly sold.
i was totally bowled over by their involving and musical nature. they are truly a magical work of art.
every listening session i soon find myself listening with eyes closed and being swept away with whatever i listen to. gone is listening to the quality of the sound, what happens here is the speakers, and for that matter my room toatlly disappear, and i am transported into the musics domain.
i listened to Nitin Sawney's rauge and was looking into a tent, seeing the drummers performing.
these speakers paint visions of the music, easily transporting the listener from the sofa, with all the associated involvement and emotion.
they are pricy, and very, very worth it.
a quick mention must be made to the HNE cableway stands, which are simply teriffic. the base and top plate are made out of granite, and are weighted at 14kg, two thirds of the weight is in the lower third of the stand, balancing bass with openness (too heavy - too much bass). they are like no other stand i have seen, and look very cabable, as well as matching in elegance to the exquisite signature it complements.

Purchased At:   Lintone Audio

Submitted by JohnL a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
Stunning speaker. Focus, clarity, lateral soundstage breath taking. Beautiful balance of mid and treble. Bass is superb for size but obviously lacks depth and power of larger speakers. I used on a ceramic tiled living room where larger floorstanders had just muddied bass and sounded aweful - these 805's delivered in spade loads. Like oodles of power reserve - sounded great on a McIntosh 400W PCh amp and noticeably less involving with a Naim 200. Finish of wood gorgeous and the prettiest speakers I have seen. I don't really have enough superlatives to describe them - I biwired them using Ixos biwire and they sounded great - do benefit from a solid speaker stand and bass noticeably improved filling the stand colums with steel chippings. Compared them with standard 805s which sounded amazing until followed by the Signatures which left them for dead. I have found them superb on all types of music from Mahler to Krall, rock, female vocal, jazz.

Purchased At:   Northside HiFi Brisb