B&W 805
Description: <li> price for pair <li> <li> 2-way vented-box system <li> <li>Dimensions Height: 418mm (16.5 in) <li>Width: 238mm (9.4 in) <li>Depth: 351mm (13.8 in) <li>Net Weight 11.5kg (26 lb) <li>Freq. Response 49Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis <li>Freq. Range -6dB at 42Hz and 50kHz <li>Sensitivity 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m) <li>Normal Impedance 8 ohms (minimum 3.7 ohms) <li>Power Handling 50W - 120W into 8 ohms on unclipped program <li>Drive Units Unit 1: 1x 25mm (1 in) aluminium dome high-frequency <li>Unit 2: 1x 165mm (6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange Unit 3: <li>Finish Cabinet: real wood veneers of Cherrywood, Rosenut or Black Ash <li>Grill: Black cloth <li>Dispersion Description: Within 2dB of reference response <li>Horizontal: over 60º arc <li>Vertical: over 10º arc <li>Harmonic Distortion 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <1% 100Hz - 22kHz <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz <li>Crossover Frequency 4kHz <li>Max. Recommended Cable Impedance 0.1 ohms

Submitted by HK a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2014

Bottom Line:
B & W 805S is a loudspeaker that is clear enough to tell the difference between clear and Claer!
I like this as it is small, beautifully made, and it is not small in Bass as many people said
I used WE300B Push Pull fo a bit more power. My source is LP, lead by Lyra Helicon Cartridge, Linn LP12 with Ittok III arm, John Curl SCG1 head amp, UK Lancashsire hand made Phono AMP (which is exceptionally Well made and sound good. Haden Boardman made 33 unit and mine is the last. Audio Space 33.1 Line map.)

The base is deep, clear and clean, the loudspeaker is clean in bass, that is possibly the reason people say bass is insufficient.

I think I will stay with this loudspeaker for years.

HK Snob

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by mike ferrell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2013

Bottom Line:
I had the Matrix 805s for about 10 years and enjoyed them a lot. I now have powered studio monitors, that for the same money, are better in every way, except perhaps looks.

Pros - smooth, open, easy to listen to

Cons - inefficient, will not play real loud, no low bass

Submitted by Ebonyace a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
Love them. Sweet sound. I have read the other reviews about bass lacking in these speakers. I don't know what they are talking about. My 805's put out so much bass, I don't need my subwoofer (M & K V-125). I have just bid on a second pair on EBAY. Perhaps it's the equipment I am using that is causing them to perform so well.

Sunfire Theatre Grand I Processor
Sunfire Theatre Grand 200 x 5 amplifier (200 watts per channel)
Sony 999ES CD Player
Monster Power Conditioner
Audio Quest Rocket 33 speaker wire
B & W 805 speakers

I got my B & W 805's on EBAY with speaker stands for $1500.

Buy them!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Pekka a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2012

Bottom Line:
Just bought them used online based solely on the good reviews on the internet and 5 stars on what hi-fi. My previous (or current, because these aren't going to stay) speakers are Dynaudio Contour S3.4. I have been having a hard time finding decent surround speakers for the Dynaudios so when i found 5 pcs of B&W's for a good price i jumped on it.
From the first moment I heard them I've really really tried to like them, but they're just too tinny and light.
Today when listening to Stairway to Heaven it sounded like the hi-hats overwhelmed the guitar. The snares and the toms lack punch my Dynaudios have, they only have the "tschh"

On certain kinds of music they do work and they might be decent enough in their own price range, but when I've heard better, I just can't stand these speakers. Unnaturally bright.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by johnny le a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
bw 805s speaker is good sound
i just use bob carver vacuum tube pre
conrad-johnson mv60 amp
cd denon 3800
audio quset cable speaker model mont blanc and interconnect model jaguar
sub volodyne s 3500w
the sound is very good small speaker but so sweet sound thanks