Mitsubishi WT 46807
Description: - CRTs employ fine-grain phosphors for a 20 percent smaller spot size, resulting in sharper, clearer images.<br>- Motion-Adaptive 3D-Y/C Comb Filters: Even video content with bright colors and fast action is easily compensated for and displayed with a new level of clarity.<br>- High-Speed Velocity Scan Modulation (HVSM): This extraordinary feature has the speed and precision it takes to deliver crisp edge detail even at hyperfast scan rates of 480p and 1080i.<br>- Film Mode: This mode reduces jitter in video programming transferred from movie film.

Submitted by Jebb Jackson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Any projection tv should be professionally installed. Proper alignment allowed me to enjoy great pictures from edge to edge. The stand was great to house my vcrs, dvd, HD Cable Box(Motorola 5100 HD). This set was economical ergonomical and user friendly for setup options...Thanks Misubishi

Price Paid:    $1999.00

Purchased At:   The Big Screen Store

Submitted by Louis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I agree with the previous reviewer in that I had to tone down the red color. coupled with the home theater Mitsu receiver m-vr700, VHS unit and DVD-8020 & M-S200 stereo audio - I am able to use the tv's remote for nearly all common functions and video switching. Terrific picture although I am still waiting for HD. And with its ungradability, Mistubishi will be offering HD tuners & fire-wire technologies so the set will not become obsolete in the near future.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Wally West a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
No reviews for this TV yet? Well, I'll go first then.

I got this TV about six months ago. Out of the box it was pretty well set up, other than the brightness turned up to torch mode. After performing the basic calibrations it looked great. Well, it looks great with DVDs anyway. The only TV signal I have is regular old cable, and it looks horrible. But I expected that.

I use it mostly for home theater duty anyway, and for that it really looks awesome. I have a fairly small room and sit seven feet from the screen. The 46" works fine at the distance, but it would be too small from much farther away. One feature I do like very much is the ability to scale a progressive scan picture. Many HDTV's, when fed a progressive scan image, will lock in full mode and not allow you to use any of the zoom or expand modes. This sucks for non-animorphic movies since they won't be displayed properly. This TV however allows you to use the other image modes even with a 480P source.

The other very nice thing about this TV is how easy it is to tweak. If you go to www.hometheaterspot.com you'll find all the info you'll need to adjust virtually any part of a Mitsubishi HDTV. Without this feature I wouldn't be nearly as happy with the TV, since there was one major problem. The TV comes with an extreme amount of red push. Red colors are exagurated so much everyone looks sunburned. Thankfully, there are ways to fix it.

Over all I'm very pleased with the TV. It does its job well. I'm sure I'll be even happier when I get a real HDTV source for broadcast stuff.

Price Paid:    $1900.00