Hitachi 57F500
Description: <ul> <li>High-Brightness Picture System</li> <li>Magic Focus Convergence</li> <li>Universal Remote</li> <li>Intuitive User Interface</li> </ul>

Submitted by cknobman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
Previously I had a Hitachi 43uwx10b and it was a horrible tv, so I sold it. I went to buy a Mitsubishi and noticed the new Hitachi televisions on the floor. I was stunned by the picture!! Incredible sharpness and clarity on the picture. The single largest improvement on this tv is the convergance system. On the old models all you had was magic focus and it did not work worth a flip. The new hitachi tvs have magic focus (which is greatly improved) and manual convergance so I can tweak it myself and make it perfect. This tv was side by side with a mitsubishi platinum series 55 inch HDTV for $3000. Honestly the hitachi beat the mits in color, sharpness, and clarity. I personally tweaked each tvs settings to get the best picture possible and the hitachi still looked better for the money. For the difference in price I would buy the hitachi everytime. After purchasing I went home and hooked this tv up to my denon 2800 dvd player and watched star wars 2. It was the best picture Ive ever seen on a tv (outside of true HDTV broadcast)!!!!! To sum it up this tv is a winner. Hitachi you have made a great product!!
I know most people think mitsubishi tvs are the best on the market but if you look at their new lines they are becoming cheaper and cheaper (unless you are willing to spend $4000 on a tv!)
I do not buy anything without doing extensive research by reading reviews and viewing the sets themselves at the store.
I truely believe that Hitachi F'series tvs are the best picture for the dollar out their. The F'series is very affordable and puts out a truly great picture. Dont be forced into buying a tv from mitsubishi or pioneer with a built in HD box just to get the high quality and great picture you want.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics