Technics SL-1200MK5 TurnTables

This is ' special 30th Anniversary edition of the MK5 and the one that will make you drool. The first thing that probably grabs your attention is the blue LEDs. For the MK5G, Technics finally answered the cries of DJs for a wider pitch adjustment and outdid themselves with both a +/-8% and +/-16% pitch adjustment. The numbers for the amount of pitch adjustment are now lit up with blue LEDs and a second button next to the pitch reset button allows you to switch between the two levels of pitch adjustment.
  • Adjustable Braking Speed
  • No-Click Pitch Control
  • Instant Pitch Reset
  • Die-Cast Aluminum Platter
  • 33 1/3 and 45 RPM Speeds

Submitted by Phrankie a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought my Technics SL-12oo back in 1978, so I had it a loong time. I have had it repaired once, about 5 years ago, not because it was broken, but I thought it was about time to get it mantained. The mechanic said that it would last much longer than myself. So it shows something about how durable the direct drive system is.
It has otherwise been used a lot. Once I took a 14-day vacation and forgot to turn it off, so it was still running when I got back home again.
The sound I have always loved, so although there may be better turnables out there,, this one sounds terriffic with a good ORTOFON pickup.
So from me it can only be 5 stars all around.

BLG CP024: