Micro Seiki RX1500 FVG TurnTables

Submitted by pjohnson a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
Excellent product, well worth the money.

Submitted by Frank Pietersen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Finally I realized my dreams of a TT. After years of research I finally found a "nearly new" Micro Seiki SX-8000 II (the second largest/best Micro ever build after the SZ-1T). Compared to all other products I´ve ever listened to, this one is for sure the cream of the crop or at least one of the five best TT ever build.

Purchased At:   2.nd hand audio deal

Submitted by Jon Jeremiah a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
To be honest, I dont think you can buy this massive beast from anywhere in the US anymore. at least Not the FVG version of the 1500 anyway. Used to be brought in by AXXis marketing I believe. Mine comes with separate motor and has the essential air bearing as well as optional vacuum platter suction.Essentially It can mount up to 4 arms if you purchase the optional arm boards and the motor can be disasembled from the two left mounting pods and used on a separate isolating motor base.

It is run by a silk thread which runs the huge bronze platter that acts as a flywheel.
Speed and pitch adjustablity and 33/45rpm functions are just a twist of a knob.
In addition it has four huge isolation towers that utilise motor car technolgy ie spring with a vertical shock absorber.
Adjustment of the suspension is easily done on top of each tower by varying the firmness of the isolation tower feet.
Personally, I have used the older 5000 series but it didnt have the airbearing. I guess this is what makes the difference becos from my recollection, the 5000 sounded more colored with a splashy top end.

Images on The micro are stable and precise and the whack from the bass drum and transients are stupendous.
I have not heard it going head to head agst the Rockport or Forsell but it is ultimately less fidgety and simple to set up as well as quiet.
Once set up, It doesnt run. The best sounding table in the world ? well....I cant claim that this is an unbiased review because I am so stoked by the 1500 but I can tell you that it could easily fall among the Top 3.

it is easy to set up , the DC motor is bulletproof and micro is famous for making equipment that lasts for years and years.

I am now looking for a used Ikeda IT 345 or FR 64s which befits this beast.

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by Daniel Davenport a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
Upgraded from a SME 30 to this beast a year ago and have never looked back. Air bearing plus massive and heavy plinith and platter provide isolation par excellence.

The MS 1500 is an excellent retriever with Vgood pitch definition and pace.
Im currently using two different arms (SME 309) and
a SAEC unipivot on it with great results.

Hearty 5 twinkles for this beast.

The rest of my system:

Scantech Lyra Clavis, Benz Ruby
Nagra PLP/EAR MC3 step up
Audio Research VT 200(upgraded)
ATC 20/Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1

Submitted by Cole Thomas a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
Finally decided that I would splurge for a money no object reference TT to replace my aging Basis Ovation.
Looked at everything from Audiomecca to Rockport and narrowed down to Walker proscenium Gold. Essentially I wanted a airbearing TT which was belt driven.

I chanced upon this brand Micro seiki which had a cult following among underground audiophiles whilst reading an issue of Fi magazine abt Analogue.

The rest is history. Obviously swayed
by the reviewers article, I became less biased toward this Japanese import when I physicaly saw it.

The RX 1500 weighs in at a hefty 100plus pounds with a massive bronze platter driven by a string with an equally massive zinc motor unit.

Sound is utterly revealing and expressive which may be a bad thing in some systems and deserves A good solid arm .Yes, The Forsell air force is probably sweeter but extremely fiddly. The walker,I liked too but it defintely was not twice as good .

Currently have an old Naim Aro/Lyra Clavis on it and will probably go for a spanking new Graham 2.

Atlantic Technology: