Gemini-Sound XL-2000 TurnTables

4.63/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by Yair Treister a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
good for the money, dont waist your time buying a technics unless u are ricj okay

Purchased At:   downtown

Submitted by Michiel a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
The man who corrects the guys which said "PT1200" and "XL2000" uses NEWmark instead of NUmark...uhhh hello??

Submitted by matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this turntable in my audio system for over 5 years with not one problem! I did not really use it for a while until I changed from a cheap Stanton cartridge to an Ortofon. What a difference! I would compare the sound quality of this table, with a good needle, to some of the better audiophile tables out there!
I bought this when I worked at a A/V retailer for about 200 bucks. Probably the best deal I have ever gotten. It is a Technics 1200: It's a tank!
Probably my only gripe with this table is that its feet don't absorb vibrations very well and I occasionally get low-end rumble if I'm not careful. This is why I don't recommend it for some home enthusiasts... or should I say snobs? - just kidding:) On the other hand, I would like an audiophile to show me a better table for the money.
As with all turntables, give this table the TLC it deserves. But a good $100 Ortofon, set up the arm balance and asmith correctly, and keep your records clean, and you've got the best deal in town.

Submitted by crazyquake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
Awsome table, you can now get 2 techinics quality tables, for the price of 1 tech 12!!! I spin house/trance, and when the beats are matched, they stay matched. Also the platter is VERY, VERY stable (just like the tech 12's). The only thing 2 things I don't like are:

1. The pitch slider doesn't have a notch at zero (although it does have a button that returns it to zero instantly)

2. It doesn't say "Technics" on it. Many people won't even use them because of the brand name---they are dumb.

Submitted by Eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
Ok, first of all, the turntable is called the PT2000, not the XL2000, to the reviewer who called the Technics the PT1200, thats is an SL1200.
I have had this turntable for a while now and love it. It starts and stops on a dime, The only one that i have used that stops faster is the new green newmark one, with the digital pitch control. I have had no problems with scratching, audio quality, even on slightly warped and old records.