Denon DP-26F TurnTables

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

Automatic turntable

Submitted by zis_guy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
The DP-26F I purchased is replacing an inexpensive (some would say "cheap") Sony PS-J11. I think the PSJ11 had the better built-in preamp, but the Denon DP-26F is a far superior overall turntable. Not only are the general mechanics and construction quality much better, but the moving magnet cartridge is a good one, resulting in excellent musical detail when listening to records. Highly recommended in its price category.

Purchased At:   Nxgen

Submitted by jack salberg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
Have had this since new but only recently reinstalled unit into system. I had forgotten what a pleasure this unit was to operate. I originally replaced my manual Thorens unit because I was tired of having to lift, guide, and replace tonearm manually. This unit is a pleasure to use and sounds every bit as good as the well thought of Thorens unit it replaced. It can be used in auto or semi-automatic modes with no more dropped tonearms or scratched records. It is as solid and beautiful as any piece of gear. In order to come closer to the dynamics of CDs I run the phono signal through a DBX 3BX expansion unit. This sounds almost as dynamic as a CD is capable of producing using about 30% expansion setting. I had forgotten how good my LPs could sound! The DP 45 is in the middle of their price range and can be found on E-bay for less than $250. If you can find one in good shape at that price I would grab it especially if you want quality with convenience of operation.

Submitted by Christopher a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a great sounding, easy to use turntable by a quality manufacturer -- this is it! What else can I say, other than it does what it is supposed to do with no hassle.

Submitted by DL a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
When I first brought this turntable home and hooked it up, the sound was horrible, no bass whatsoever. The reason: I
used the built in phono pre-amp. I then turned off the
phono EQ and hooked it up to my Harmon Kardon 2500's built
in phono pre. The turntable was a whole new beast, and I
heard that pumping bass from my subwoofer. I plan on
getting a $500 turntable down the road, but for $130 the
Denon sounds fantastic! Bottom line: Use the phono pre-amp
on your Pre-amp or reciever! If they lack one, buy a
seperate phono pre!

Submitted by Daniel Schunneman a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
Great low-end turntable - I don't know the diff between the DP26F & the DA26F reviewed here.Like the preamp switch. Super sound, glad to pull out my old vinyl.
A little sensitive to room vibrations; I need to isolate it better.
I highly recommend this turntable.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener