ClearAudio Emotion w/ Satisfy Arm TurnTables

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

Clearaudio's newest entry level turntable and tonearm have a beautiful look and sound!

• Technical Specifications:
  • Construction principle
  • Geometrically, resonance-optimized shape
  • Speed of rotation: 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm (optional)
  • Drive: Damped synchronious motor, belt driven
  • Bearing: polished and hardened steel, bearing made out of sinter-bronze
  • Platter material: acrylic, extreme precise manufactured surface
  • Platter height: 20 mm
  • Speed variations: ±0,2 %
  • Signal to noise: 80 dB
  • Weight incl. motor: 8,8 kg
  • Dimensions (W/D/H in mm): 400 x 360 x 130

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by M Theory a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
    All I can say is WOW! So this how vinyl is really supposed to sound!
    I sold my Music Hall Mmf-5 on Audiogon a couple of months ago after being less than impressed with it's sound quality ( this was even after I invested in a cartridge upgrade). I was hunting around for a new toy when I noticed an ad for this table at a fair price from an honest seller so I decided to give the vinyl thing another go.I must say I have never been happier with an audio purchase. The Clearaudio deck is simply on another level from the Mmf-5( as it should be for almost twice the price!) and the wife actually commented on it's great looks!
    Great table, buy it...

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by mantisory a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
    I can't say enough about this table. If I had to use one word it would be "effortless". Musical and extended are a couple of other words that spring to mind.
    It has not failed to impress me on every LP i own. The bass is stunning, and the mids and highs are smooth and sweet. Soundstaging is not something i can really speak to since my listening room and position are not ideal, but so far everything is as expected there.
    It's really the dynamic range and impact that this turntable brings forward that impresses me so muc, as well as the detailed presentation and musicality.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by Peter Anderson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
    WOW!! What a turntable! To think I nearly abandoned the idea of purchasing a turntable and just stick with upgrading my cd player with a new DAC. This ClearAudio Emotion table, with the Satisfy tone arm and Virtuoso Wood cartridge is not only gorgeous to look at, it plays music impeccably! I just wish I had been exposed to the vinyl world earlier! This turntable, along with some newly purchased albums (used even) has breathed new life into my system. This table seems aptly named, "Emotion," because it truely convay's the emotional side of music. I am blown away by how much better vinyl sounds than cd!! There's so much more depth, dimensionality, and yes, emotion to music. It's truely shocking. I would consider my Denon 1650 cd player to be a pretty good player. But its play back of cds sounds flat and somewhat lifeless compared to The Emotion turntable. Don't get me wrong, cd's do sound cleaner, but my music just sounds more enjoyable now through the ClearAudio.
    Thanks, Tom at Audio Lab for turning me on to vinyl and the ClearAudio Emotion turntable!
    Long live vinyl!!