LINN Adikt Cartridges

The Adikt moving-magnet cartridge is the newest addition to the Linn family of cartridges, providing a cost-effective entry into the world of faithful and accurate vinyl reproduction

Submitted by ch83575 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Before this cartrige my source consisted of a Linn LP12, with Basik LVX arm and a Ortofon OM10. I had purchased the deck as a unit and moved on to the rest of the system before doing any more sourse upgrades. I ended up with a Linn Majik amp and Linn Katan speakers, but I still wasn't quite as impressed with my system as when I listened at the store.

Enter Linn Adikt... I purchased the cartridge used for $200 and it made a larger difference in my enjoyment of my music so far. The bass is so much more controled than the Ortofon it is amazing! Soundstaging was dramaticaly improved, as was solidity and emotional impact. Transients and timing became much better (not as good as a Klyde, but what can you do?).

This $200 investment took my rather modest (as Linn goes) system from a very good sounding stereo to a stereo that can bring a tear to your eye. I now feel a very powerful connection to the music and I attribute not a little of that connection to the prowess of this cartrige.

Purchased At:   Overture Audio