Marsh Sound Designs A200s
Description: 100 Watt Per Channel Stereo Power Amplifier

Submitted by Marshfan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
Since MSD introduced three amplifiers to hi-end audio marketplace few years back, rave reviews on Marsh A200S keeps soaring with an incredible pace. The Marsh A200s, based on audio critics and audiophiles, is clearly the best value among the three company's production lines. The The Absolute Sound (TAS) review, in my opinion, addressed exactly what the Marsh A200S is “The A200S has the speed, quiet, and clarity that make most amps in the price range sound a bit veiled by comparison". Making no mistake, MSD line has recieved the coveted "Golden Ear Award" from the TAS.

In the past 5 years, I have changed more than five amplifiers. But with the Marsh A200S, I think I can live with it for many years until I earn enough money to spend on a nice sounding $10,000 tube gear.

If you are interested in auditioning this amp, you can try it out for 30 days from Audio Advisor. But I can guarantee you that you won’t return it after you hear the sonic signature of the Marsh A200S.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by GordonT a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
Marsh has produced a benchmark for an amplifier under 2k price tag with the Marsh A200S. What impressed me the most is that this amp runs so quietly, sometimes I didn't realize if it is on. The design is amazing as I opened its case to see what inside; there are lots of quality parts and many Marsh's in-house hi-quality components. First audition, I love this amp immediately with its rich details, yet smooth as silk. The sound is so clean, excellent bass, quite bright but exaggerated. However, please keep in mind that this amp is designed to be partnered with bi-wired speakers, so you must own a pair of hi-end speakers to realize the result. The amp is quite heavy and the body construction is very good but not as excellent those in its class: Bryston, Classe, Conrad Johnson, McCormack, etc...but the sound quality is in the same league with them, if not better.
I have replaced my Classe CA-100 with the Marsh A200S and delighted with the amp ever since.

In short, if you want an amplifier about 120 watt/channel with excellent sound quality, I would certainly recommend the Marsh A200S for you.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by Glenn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Hello all. I've had a Marsh A-200 amp for 3 years now and absolutely love it. Very clean, open, relaxed sound, yet it can flex it's muscle when the music demandes it. A tremendous value. A GREAT combination with my AES-AE3 Tube preamp ($600). For $2k combined, you've got one of the truly great high end bargains avaiable. I coupled with B&W Matrix 802's and resolution is excellent. Recommend highly