Manley Laboratories Mahi
Description: <ul> <li>Output Power: 40 Watts</li> <li>Frequency Response: 10Hz to 90kHz</li> <li>Input Sensitivity: 460 mV nominal</li> <li>Input Impedance: 100 kohms</li> <li>S/N Ratio at 50 Watts: 80dB</li> <li>Dynamic Range: 86dB</li> </ul>

Submitted by jimwiz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
I picked up a pair of Mahi a couple weeks ago. They're paired with the Shrimp pre-amp. This is a marvelous combination of electronics. It's simply made for music. The sound (from my Paradigm Monitor 7 v2) is totally satisfying. There's a ton of base but not over powering. The mids are super rich and the highs are sharp without being fatiguing. All the music is right there. Right now, I have them in the 20 watt Triode setting. There's more than enough power with my speakers. I haven't tried the variable feedback as yet so I can't comment on what that does for the music. I have the switch set in the middle setting. I am so satisfied with the sound, I can't find much reason to mess with it.

I listen mostly to LPs and HD radio. This system will totally immerse you in musical bliss. Not only does it sound great, it looks totally awesome...especially in a dimly lit room at night.

Like they say...Tubes Rule!!!

Purchased At:   Holm Audio