Llano Design Group Trinity 2
Description: It contains 16 high current Hex-Fet output devices and a 1.8 KVA dual mono power supply. It produces 200 watts into 8 ohms, 400 watts into 4 ohms and 800 watts into 2 ohms.

Submitted by hkd a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
disregard my review below---here's why. I purchased Trinity from Randy about 18 months ago, paid US $2,000 for it and received the amp about 3 months later. I was not entirely happy with the results so called Randy and he told me about an upgrade he could do on the amp, and that for the type of performance I was expecting from my system it would be best if I bi-amped (and used 2 of his amps). he went into his whole pitch on how nothing out there for the price or 2 times the price would beat his amps, and the countless number of customers who have used his amps are happy as pigs in doo doo. He told me to send him back my original amp and he would upgrade it (I would have to pay for shipping) and that he would build me a 2nd matching amp for US $2,000 and this would provide me with optimal performance. About 4 months later I received the first amp and the interior was damaged (transformer had a tear in it) and only one of the 2 channels of the amp worked. He insisted that the damage was caused by Fed Ex (the shipping company) I was puzzled since there were no problems with the packing cartons or the exterior of the amp or the feet. Anyway he told me to send it to him and he'd fix it. Then I got the 2nd and and it had the SAME problem---again he blamed the shipping company and again told me to send it to him for repair. Now the best part. Once he received the 2 amps he told me they were damaged beyond repair (and again, when I had received them one channel did not work, but both amps were cosmetically in perfect condition and the only problem they had internally was the power transformer--same problem on both amps). Anyway, he then tells me this is my problem and I have to follow up with the shipping company myself (Fed Ex). I talk to Fed Ex both in the U.S. and in Hong Kong and they both tell me that Llano did NOT insure the product and there is nothing they can do about this--I have to get my money OR the products back from the manufacturer. So right now, after countless communications back and forth between myself and Llano AND myself and Fed Ex, I am out about US $5,000 (products and shipping) and have nothing (not even damaged products in hand. the moral to this story is do business with reputable business's, not one man show "here today, gone tomorrow" type of companies. While it may be tempting to go the route I did, it is a BIG gamble

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Llano

Submitted by Mark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had the Trinity 200 in my system now for 7 months. The amp took about 2 weeks to break in. It came with stock 6922 tubes which sounded very good with a very slight amount of harshness in the very top. After break in, I changed at Randy White's suggestion to a pair of Electro Harmonic's 12AX7's. The tube change took me 10 min. Randy shipped me the tubes at no charge. If I were rating the amp on a scale of 1 to 10 I would say the 6922's were clearly a 8.5. With the 12AX7's I would rate it a solid 11! A clean open and airy top, blooming liquid mids, with a fast solid bottom. The Trinity is clearly the best amp I have ever had in my system. I can't believe the difference the tubes make in this design. They are very easy to change, and Randy is very good at selection of the tubes required for your system. This amp is very powerful and remains in complete control at all times. The split power supply is a very nice feature too, it gives you the ability to power the tube section seperate from the solid-state section, NEAT. The bottom line, if you are looking for an amp that can work with ANY system, don't miss a chance to listen to the Trinity 200. For 2995.00 it is a steal, soniclly, it would be a steal at 8000.00.

Purchased At:   Factory

Submitted by hkd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
The unit I am reviewing here is the new Trinity Amplifier (sx-2). I have heard many people compliment Randy White's
business ways and his amplifier designs and fortunately my experiences with him fell in line with
all that I had heard. The guy takes the time to answer questions and give you the info that you
ask for. Randy is reliable when it comes to getting your questions answered. That is a big plus
when dealing with such a small company.

As for the amp, out of the box the unit is a solid and plainly sophisticated looking amplifier. As
with most all amps it is easy to set up and start using. One asthetic feature that I like is the
small blue "cyclops" light on the front panel. Very attractive looking.

This is a hybrid amp (tube input) and I immediately found the sonic benefits of the hybrid
design. The hi's and mids were perfect---they were clear and airy and simply sounded great.
Also, the integration between hi's mids, and bass is seemless. The bass goes down LOW, is very
clean, powerful and dynamic. Overall the sound this amps produces is glorious. Over the past 4
months I have listened to lots of amplifiers, and for my tastes the Llano Trinity amp does
everything the right way for a price that is definately reasonable.