Jadis JA 80
Description: The JA80s are self-biasing and sport outstanding tube protection circuitry and fuses, with a LED for each tube to signal malfunctioning. Sixty watts of Class A power per channel avoid any trace of crossover distortion and, with soft, graceful clipping, appear to deliver even more power.

Submitted by Laurent a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've upgrade from an integrated Jadis DA-30 to the monoblock JA-80 and I'm really happy with it.

A first, I thought that any middle-prices prampl whould be convenient in order to properly feed the JA-80.

I 've bought a used Audiolab 8000Q then a Counterpoint SA1000 and none of them really succeed in revealing what is possible to get from these blocks. Local dealers were nice to lend me Audio Research SP16 and Opera Audio R1.2, and, this time, these preamplifier were adequate and revealed the open, fresh, natural feeling you can get from them.

Now, I've a CD with an integrated preamp inside (3DLAB titanium) and this direct link improved my system a lot.

Any time I changed something in my system ( source, cables, preamp), the JA80 revealed clearly the changed and were never the weakest item.

I will probably keep these amps the rest of my life...

Purchased At:   ST Etienne